Squeezebox videos [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox videos

recoveryone
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I got the video bug lately, as some of you have viewed the unboxing of the Fluance SX Fronts. So I figured I do one of the Squeezebox system. If you are bored take a little time and enjoy.

Intro to the Squeezebox Classic:
Part 1
squeezebox classic Part 1.wmv - YouTube (http://youtu.be/zoOxhoxYMWU)
Part 2
squeezebox classic Part 2.wmv - YouTube (http://youtu.be/RM8udM-GmQw)

Logictech Server LMS:
LMS 1.wmv - YouTube (http://youtu.be/HbQhxJt4mQ0)

Smart phone App:
smart phone app 1.wmv - YouTube (http://youtu.be/aziwxWwtMN0)

winston
03-03-2012, 03:44 PM
nice YouTube demonstration's (recoveryone):thumbsup: for real man.

question? I was kinda sorta looking into the "Squeezebox touch" but according the specification's, "as I understand it" I doesn't seems to have (windows 7 OS) on the lists. dose that mean that it don't work with (W 7) OS ?

I just wanted to make sure that wont be a problem, before further consideration

thanks all.

recoveryone
03-04-2012, 10:07 AM
The Server (LMS) works fine with Win 7 OS, you will have enough CPU power and ram to make the LMS work smoothly. Now with the Touch you have the option of using the USB port on it to run an external HD. The Touch can provide its own server opertration, you just need to make sure the album art is not to big and that the external drive does not have a sleep mode, as it will cause the Touch to rescan the drive each time it goes into sleep mode. Unless you have a very large collection of ripped music, I would recommend getting a 32 Gig USB thumbdrive (can hold over 4000 tracks) if you do not plan on using a computer full time as your server. Glad you like the videos. thanks

winston
03-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Recovery, thanks for the tip's on the (SB- touch) I finally got one coming in from "Tiger direct" for $250, base on the prices all over the net 250.00 seems to be a good deal new at this time, cause when I check back a few hours later they're all gone at that price....

another good thing that's building up my anticipation towards the SB.T (the Reviews) they are all good so far coming from guy's that are in the squeeze box/ slim device thing'hey for a long time, man I cant wait to check this thing out

I'll be back for more Tips on this thing, as soon as I get it up and running,

E-Stat
03-15-2012, 07:18 AM
I'll be back for more Tips on this thing, as soon as I get it up and running,
I've certainly enjoyed my Touch over the past year or so. It's screen is larger than the Classic and displays more information at a time.

I run mine via Wi-Fi from a Win7 server. Since virtually all my music is lossless, the library takes about 135 GB which negates the ability to run it from a USB stick. I've replaced the noisy switching wall wart power supply with a linear and use a separate DAC. Those changes have significantly improved the sound quality. Ideally, you would run it via CAT5/6 cabling., Since mine is located in the garage, it was impractical for me to run a line from my router.

I use the iPeng remote app for iPhones. Enjoy your purchase!

Ajani
03-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Since virtually all my music is lossless, the library takes about 135 GB which negates the ability to run it from a USB stick.

Couldn't you use a USB drive? A 500gb drive is fairly cheap.

E-Stat
03-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Couldn't you use a USB drive? A 500gb drive is fairly cheap.
It was not designed to handle the current required by a hard drive based USB setup (I've got four of those!) You need an AC powered hub. I'd much rather have my I7-860 based computer do the FLAC processing as well.

Ajani
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
It was not designed to handle the current required by a hard drive based USB setup (I've got four of those!) You need an AC powered hub. I'd much rather have my I7-860 based computer do the FLAC processing as well.

Are you talking about using USB drives that are powered by the USB port? Does that also apply to USB drives with their own power supply?

E-Stat
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Are you talking about using USB drives that are powered by the USB port?
Yes, the four I have are either Seagate FreeAgents or WD MyPassports. They are little more than a 2.5" drive in a box with a teeny bit of circuitry.

Does that also apply to USB drives with their own power supply?
That effectively solves the power problem, but... I'd still rather have more CPU grunt doing the de-compression processing. Speaking of offloading some of its tasks...

If you're really into optimizing the device, there's a guy who has created a "Toolbox" of configuration and Linux code mods found here (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2011/11/touch-toolbox-30.html). I've incorporated most of the configuration and slimming down mods. Haven't changed any code yet.

Every lit bit helps. It's amazing how configurable the device is!

recoveryone
03-15-2012, 03:59 PM
The Touch has had several mods made for it, but as I suggested to Winston, it can depend on how he wants to use the device. If he does not want to have a CPU running 24/7, he could go with a thumb drive and not worry about a power supply issue or the sleep mode problem that causes the Touch to rescan the whole library. I am like Stat, I have a Comp in the garage that runs 24/7.

E-Stat
03-15-2012, 05:38 PM
If he does not want to have a CPU running 24/7
Mine powers down to sleep mode after four hours of inactivity.

he could go with a thumb drive and not worry about a power supply issue...
Honestly, the wall wart just doesn't do justice to what the player can do - regardless of the source.

recoveryone
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Mine powers down to sleep mode after four hours of inactivity.

Honestly, the wall wart just doesn't do justice to what the player can do - regardless of the source.

Let me be a bit clearer. The sleep mode is about external HD, where the processing would rely upon the Touch not a Comp. As for the power supply, I was referring to the power needed to run a external HD. A large thumb drive needs no power and does not go into sleep mode.

winston
03-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Guy's this is a classic SB-T Education :):) but it appears like the (Tiger direct) hit me with a back order "C@#P" see order below

which was really a curve ball, cause I was kinda looking forward to start using up the lesson from you guys by this weekend...

anyways I'll let the order stay in place for a another week or so,

(in mean time if anyone happens to "get lost" on the web and run into a similar price point, please feel free to post or pm)

thanks all

Order Number: 00000000
Order Date: 000000
Order Status: All Backordered - These items are currently on backorder, and will ship as soon as we receive stock on them.
Payment Method: Master Card

Billing Address: WINSTON
PO 00000000
NORTH MIAMI, FL 00000 Shipping Address: WINSTON
NORTH MIAMI,

QTY ITEM NUMBER DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE EXTENDED PRICE Return / Exchange
L23-7848
Logitech 930-000090 Squeezebox Touch
$249.99 $249.99 Not yet shipped.

This item has not shipped yet.

Net Product: $249.99
Sales Tax: $17.50
P & H: $0.00
Total Shipment: $267.49

recoveryone
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I saw this today, It says you can get a coupon and reduce the price from 299 to 239

Logitech Squeezebox Touch - Compare Prices | Bountii (http://bountii.com/product-4621-logitech-squeezebox-touch.html?gclid=CLmjnv2a7K4CFWgaQgod9CQDLw)

winston
03-17-2012, 11:20 AM
I saw this today, It says you can get a coupon and reduce the price from 299 to 239

recover, thanks for the tip man, I trans" that link :thumbsup::thumbsup: man it was fun

to get the deal, you have open up a (trade in) with some old Logic tech product that you have "kinda sorta"- to be able to redeem the coupon that will knock it down to 239 + tax & free shipping,

(kinda hard to escape the tax, buying directly from "LT":) but I have to say that it was fun working on this deal....+ I save 11 bucks by canceling the "TD" order which was not gonna be shipping any time soon,

shipping is 4-7 days from (LT) and they definitely have it in stock so I'm looking to get a tracking number by Monday, and I'm figuring by Thursday to Friday I'll be kicking it....;)

Thanks y'all, good looking out

Winston

recoveryone
03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Good deal partner, I'm excited for you :), I'm sure you have an old Logictech mouse lying around the house somewhere lol

winston
03-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Good deal partner, I'm excited for you :), I'm sure you have an old Logictech mouse lying around the house somewhere lol

yes, and its dead as a "mouse":)..... well the (SB T) landed yesterday, so I'm told, I'll look at it this weekend, and see if I can Squeeze some music out of that squeegee:)

recoveryone
03-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Habe you downloaded the software yet (LMS)? it would be helpful to have it up and running when you fire up the Touch and be able to stream something right away. Or if you going to use the USB just have some music ripped on it in your fav format.

winston
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Habe you downloaded the software yet (LMS)? it would be helpful to have it up and running when you fire up the Touch and be able to stream something right away. Or if you going to use the USB just have some music ripped on it in your fav format.

yes Sir, I'm up and running, thanks for the LMS info. its a very nice gadget BTW, its very intuitive, it appears to be even better than the remote, when your sitting at the Computer, you can even power the SB-T on or off from the LMS. that's a nice touch for me.

the music is nice, so far a've only tried out a couple of Internet Radio, I love the sound Quality of Pandora coming through the touch, (I have the paid subscription) and it sounds just like a CD, listening for the first time through the system

phase 2, (my music' from plain Jane windows ) I wanted to hear how good (an acoustic guitar would sound coming through (SB T) and I have to tell ya, after spinning the "Anauar Brahem" album (Conte De'incroyable Amour) three times and two times to "Mr Big-Ron Isley/Burt Bacharach" (Here I am' Ron Isley sings Burt Bacharach) I'm convince that I can work with it, for real man

recoveryone
03-24-2012, 07:57 AM
yes Sir, I'm up and running, thanks for the LMS info. its a very nice gadget BTW, its very intuitive, it appears to be even better than the remote, when your sitting at the Computer, you can even power the SB-T on or off from the LMS. that's a nice touch for me.

the music is nice, so far a've only tried out a couple of Internet Radio, I love the sound Quality of Pandora coming through the touch, (I have the paid subscription) and it sounds just like a CD, listening for the first time through the system

phase 2, (my music' from plain Jane windows ) I wanted to hear how good (an acoustic guitar would sound coming through (SB T) and I have to tell ya, after spinning the "Anauar Brahem" album (Conte De'incroyable Amour) three times and two times to "Mr Big-Ron Isley/Burt Bacharach" (Here I am' Ron Isley sings Burt Bacharach) I'm convince that I can work with it, for real man

Great to hear partner :) once you start to rip your collection, you will really enjoy this device. Being able to playback any type of music that comes to mind at a touch (no Pun ) :)