Integra ADM 2.1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Integra ADM 2.1

recoveryone
02-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Due to Emotiva non action on giving me a hard shipping date on their Mini a-X100 amp, I decided to go with the Integra ADM 2.1. I do not have much knowledge of the Integra line other than its position among the Onkyo products. If anyone has past or present experience with their gear please feel free to chime in. This will be the heart of my 2ch budget system, I pick it up off ebay for $99. which lowers my project cost by $100 at least.

Poultrygeist
02-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I think the Integra is a better choice. I have Dayton APA-150 ( aka Emotiva BPA-1 ) mono-blocks which are good for driving subs but not so great for two channel. I have an Integra DPS-7.2 DVD player which I discovered is excellent playing CD's.

Hyfi
02-06-2012, 04:04 AM
I have an older Onkyo-Integra Cassette deck that has always performed flawlessly. Then at some point, they separated the names completely. I now have an Integra 30.3 which is OK but a little too polite for music but great for HT which is what I got it for. The amps in my older HK AVR635 are a bit punchier.

dadmaster
02-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I've had Integra and use it every day, for 12 years.
I was smart enough to get a battleship with 5.1 analog
input, and I enjoy high resolution lossless music
with my oppo 93. No down time in all those years.

recoveryone
02-13-2012, 07:32 PM
The amp came in today, I will be posting result in a few days.

recoveryone
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Question: Due to space behind the piano, I may need to place the amp on its side, will this cause any harm?

harley .guy07
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
I would actually watch doing that with your amp. I would carefully try it first and see how the heat dissipates throughout the unit. Some amps are made to be placed in a variety of ways and some are exclusively made to sit flat on a level surface and their heat sinks are designed with that in mind so if you were to take one of these amps and sit it on its side the heat sinks would actually have hot air from lower areas running over them and they would be rendered all but useless. But I would try it and see how the heat builds as you play your system.

recoveryone
02-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info, I will try it and keep close tabs on it, It will not be a heavly used setup or pushed very hard (just for background)