Amplifiers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Amplifiers

rich66
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this and wanted to ask a question about what type of amplifer would you recommend for Paradym Monitor
11's and 9's V6? I want to run 5 channel music and am trying to decide between an Outlaw 7500, Parasound Halo 5250 V2, or a different type that you would recommed for these high efficienty speakers?

Mr Peabody
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I would use the Parasound or another quality high current amp. The Paradigm are more efficient than most but still like some current to thump.

harley .guy07
02-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I used to sell Paradigm at a local high end shop in my home town and I have run them with Harmon, Acurrus, Adcom, and Denon and Yamaha receivers and they work rather well with most of these brands. the separates work better than the receivers for sure and the Adcom work the best that I have tried of the affordable stuff out there due to there clean non bright top end that does much better with the metal dome tweeters than some of the other brands out there. But Parasound may well be a good amp for them as it pairs up with other speakers like the Paradigm monitor series quite well.