B&W Diamon 802 - the making... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&W Diamon 802 - the making...

RGA
01-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Like them or not - it is an interesting clip

Film: The making of an 800 Series Diamond loud-speaker | Bowers & Wilkins | B&W speakers (http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/sound-lab/film-the-making-of-an-800-series-diamond-loud-speaker/)

manlystanley
01-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Like them or not - it is an interesting clip

Film: The making of an 800 Series Diamond loud-speaker | Bowers & Wilkins | B&W speakers (http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/sound-lab/film-the-making-of-an-800-series-diamond-loud-speaker/)

Nice video, thanks. I was impressed when I heard them. But, can't afford the cash though.

Best Regards,
Stan

Worf101
01-30-2012, 07:28 AM
I've always been fascinated by the B&W line since the Matrix days. I've only heard them in a recording studio. The guy that does digital mastering for our albums uses 901's for mixing. No one around here sells them and they're prohibitively expensive. Still a set of 803's would fit my listening room just fine.

Worf

Feanor
01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Interesting, thanks.

It's easy to see why those B&Ws are so expensive, especially the cabinet making that involves custom forming equipment and a lot of manual sanding & polishing.

Ajani
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Very nice video. I wish more brands would put out videos. It would help to kill some of the claims that the major brands are just ripping off customers with cheap parts and basic assembly. It's fine to disagree with design philosophy and sound quality, but when real effort is put into the design and manufacture it should be recognized.

I'm not a fan of b&w sound, but it's clear that the 802 is the result of some serious engineering.

RGA
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the sound either but they're built well - especially the big Nautilus speakers - but I have heard the 802D and I would not trade my speakers straight up for them and they're $18k more. Although the Diamond series sounds better than their previous series.

But they are built well and if they could just sound "in step" they'd have something.

Hopefully Peter Breuninger's site will be popular and he'll start covering more companies with his factory tours.

LeRoy
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
RGA, great video! Listening to B&W speakers over the years I have always liked the relaxed mellow sound of the 802 and 800 models....but as you remarked...if they could only play in step.