HT Tactile Transducers aka couch shakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums


View Full Version : HT Tactile Transducers aka couch shakers?

01-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Anyone tried these?

Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker 299-028 (

01-27-2012, 06:36 AM
I didn't use that particular product but I used a similar rump shaking device for gaming. I think it was called the rumble seat or some such nonsense. You'd put a splitter on your sub out and this thing was attached to the post of your office chair. The low frequency stuff would then be transmitted right to your tuckus. It was truly amazing for a short time, then like a lot of things, you don't really notice it all that much. I still have sitting in the closet somewhere. Haven't used it in years.


01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Where more popular in the early 2k, as the ultimate surround feeling. I think it was most popular around when Jurassic park came out (you could feel the T-Rex coming). great Ideal for those that may have a custom built Home Theater with the full theater seats, as you can see they need to be mounted under the seats or back area. Most that reviewed them say it was best to have a second amp to power them separately

01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes, you do need a separate amp to drive them to make them work as intended. You can drive them with a small subwoofer amp. These shakers work best in pairs and mounted firmly under your couch or sitting area. If you set them up correctly, with a low pass filter, so they only activate with the big boom stuff they are rather fun for giggles and such.

01-28-2012, 04:59 AM
I read somewhere that CNN has transducers attached to their glass studio walls so people on the street can hear their telecast. Next time I'm in Atlanta I'll check that out,