Tedeschi Trucks Band [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tedeschi Trucks Band

Duds
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Man it sucks being out of the music business, still no excuse for missing this one. Just checked out some stuff on youtube and will definitely be buying the disc soon.

Anyone here have it? Thoughts?

Finch Platte
01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Man, I heard about this, picked it up, listened and thought, "Wow, good players, but they really need to work on the songwriting."

Bleagh.

mlsstl
01-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Agree. A buddy at work introduced them to me. Great playing and the gal has a great voice, but the material was pretty weak. Not everyone should write their own material!

Hyfi
01-26-2012, 04:48 AM
I have some vidio of them from a recent Crossroads show and it rocks decently.

Duds
01-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Some interesting opinions. I'm still going to pick it up, i dont see how you can go wrong with Tedeschi and Trucks

Finch Platte
01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Some interesting opinions. I'm still going to pick it up, i dont see how you can go wrong with Tedeschi and Trucks

If you wanna hear a woman's vocals and some slide gittar, just hie thee to your nearest used CD shoppe & pick up a buttload of Bonnie Raitt CDs for a quarter apiece.

You're welcome. :ciappa:

Swish
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Agree. A buddy at work introduced them to me. Great playing and the gal has a great voice, but the material was pretty weak. Not everyone should write their own material!

I realize they're married and wanted to work together, but there's nothing here to sink your teeth into.

3LB
01-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Yep, the most interesting things I've heard from these two were the cover songs they've done, like Les Dudek's "I Gonna Move." Same with Truck's solo stuff. He's better off touring with the Alman Bros.

kexodusc
01-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Wow, tough crowd. Couldn't disagree more on this one - I'm not a big fan of Derek's solo stuff at all but together they're pretty good. Great live show too.

Mr Peabody
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm with Kex, haven't heard anything of Derek's I'd buy but I did pick up Revelator and like it quite a bit, I think it's the mood or feel of the album. I favor Midnight In Harlem and Bound For Glory, although when in the mood I can listen all the way through.

Hate to hijack but on the subject of bluesy material any one heard the last couple of Steve Miller albums? Pretty tasty