If you like the Velvet Underground, you should also like... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you like the Velvet Underground, you should also like...

Swish
01-21-2012, 09:30 AM
....The Pixies.

Let's see how far we can take this thread. Whoever dares to go next would start with 'If you like the Pixies, you should also like...

and name the next band...and so on, and so on.

Davey
01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
.... Talking Heads (especially early)

Swish
01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
.... Talking Heads (especially early)

...anybody???

Davey
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
So if you like Talking Heads, you should also like......anybody???

.....Devo

You must be bored. I'm not sure there's enough traffic here to play a game like this, especially if someone decides to toss out an obscure band name, you know, just for fun :)

Smokey
01-21-2012, 06:31 PM
.....Devo

if you like Devo, you should also like A Flock of Seagulls

noddin0ff
01-23-2012, 05:10 AM
if you like A Flock of Seagulls you should also like Duran Duran

Luvin Da Blues
01-23-2012, 06:21 AM
If you like Duran Duran you should also like George Micheal. :nono:

Jim Clark
01-23-2012, 06:34 AM

If you like George Michael then you probably like Justin Timberlake.

And that ladies and gents is how you put the final nail in what could have been an interesting thread : (

jc

Stone
01-23-2012, 07:08 AM

If you like Justin Timberlake, you probably also like being abused and wearing a diaper.

Swish
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM

And that ladies and gents is how you put the final nail in what could have been an interesting thread : (

jc

I give up.

ForeverAutumn
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

jc

Killjoy.

Davey
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Tell me about it.

jc
I give up.

Well, maybe I can slip in here in the middle and apply a little misdirection...

Carlos Alomar played for both Duran Duran and David Bowie, so ... if you like Duran Duran, you'll probably like David Bowie, and the amazing, motoriffic "Station to Station" is a timeless testament, especially the Live Nassau version, with Stacy Heydon's guitar taking the place of the synthesized train sounds on record. Just about perfect, especially as the Thin White Duke segues from crowd noise into Suffragette City. Total blam blam...

Jim Clark
01-24-2012, 06:35 AM
Well, maybe I can slip in here in the middle and apply a little misdirection...

Carlos Alomar played for both Duran Duran and David Bowie, so ... if you like Duran Duran, you'll probably like David Bowie, and the amazing, motoriffic "Station to Station" is a timeless testament, especially the Live Nassau version, with Stacy Heydon's guitar taking the place of the synthesized train sounds on record. Just about perfect, especially as the Thin White Duke segues from crowd noise into Suffragette City. Total blam blam...

And if you like the avante-garde art rock Station to Station from David Bowie then you might also like Roxy Music.

ForeverAutumn
01-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Ah Roxy Music. After that mention I had to pull the iPod out and put on Avalon. :)

If you like Roxy Music, you might like Steely Dan.

Jim Clark
01-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Ah Roxy Music. After that mention I had to pull the iPod out and put on Avalon. :)

Avalon is actually the only Roxy album I still listen to : )

Oh, and nice job Davey!

Smokey
01-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Most definitely. And if you like Steely Dan, you might also like Alan Parson Project.

Avalon is actually the only Roxy album I still listen to : )

IMO the albums Siren and Flesh+Blood is much superior than Avalon :)

Rae
01-24-2012, 04:07 PM
If you like Steely Dan you might be Annoying to Talk to at the Bar.

If you like being abused and wearing a diaper That's Cool, Man, As Long As You Are Happy.

If you like the Alan Parsons Project, you might also like Kanye West (http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/856/Kanye%20West-Heartless_The%20Alan%20Parsons%20Project-Ammonia%20Avenue/).

~Rae