PDA

View Full Version : OT Question for the Drummers

MasterCylinder
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Know anything about CRUSH drums ?

Hardware, lugs, heads ???

Hyfi
01-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Not a drummer, just enjoy good drumming. They look pretty cool but I have never seen a kit.

What I was familiar with, and very few knew about, were Fibes Drums. All fiberglass. Two of my buddies got big matching kits. They were made in Easton PA about an hour and a half from whee we gre up so when they were ready, we drove up to get them. We also got a really nice factory tour while there and they were dribbling the shells like a basketball to show how tough they were.

Wow, I just looked and the company was revived in Austin Texas and almost everything is still made in USA. Also Buddy Rich and Billy Cobham were using Fibes back in the 60s and 70s

Swish
01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Uh, no. I know nothing about them.

MasterCylinder
01-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Not a drummer, just enjoy good drumming. They look pretty cool but I have never seen a kit.

What I was familiar with, and very few knew about, were Fibes Drums. All fiberglass. Two of my buddies got big matching kits. They were made in Easton PA about an hour and a half from whee we gre up so when they were ready, we drove up to get them. We also got a really nice factory tour while there and they were dribbling the shells like a basketball to show how tough they were.

Wow, I just looked and the company was revived in Austin Texas and almost everything is still made in USA. Also Buddy Rich and Billy Cobham were using Fibes back in the 60s and 70s

Yep............very familiar with FIBES.
Back in 1970, I was living in DFW. A friend of mine asked me to go to a club in Ft. Worth to see a new band from Houston. It was a tight 3-piece and the drummer played a set of FIBES drums; the shells were clear acrylic and I had never seen anything like that before.
A couple of months after I saw this band, they released their first album.
It was called ZZ TOP'S FIRST ALBUM.
Fun memories..................