speaker stands [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker stands

pwh03
04-16-2004, 08:49 AM
any suggestions for relativly inexpensive speaker stands for b/w 602s. I would like them to be at the lowest 24 inches high preferrably slightly higher 30 might be perfect. There shouldn't be any risk of knocking them over with their postioning but obviously I don't want to have to deal with stupid vibrations.

thanks for the help any other suggestion would be great... not that I can think of any other options but you never know.,

Also real quick 2 for 1 how does the hsu vtf-2 compare to the stf-2. Is it worth the extra hundred or less depending on if I go used or new. Is the vtf-2 louder or does it also sound slightly better?

thanks again
PH

topspeed
04-16-2004, 10:38 AM
This should help with the stands.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=2613

04-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Thats a really high stand for the 602s...
Unless you are on a barstool or something...
30inches is not very conventional for stands. You might have some trouble finding them in that height.

AZHT
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Seen some Sanus 30" stands at Best Buy for around $90-$100.

04-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I still cant imagine a 602 on a 30 inch stand though...
I think 30 inch stands are more for those tiny satillites

Woochifer
04-16-2004, 02:04 PM
I would stick with a 22"-26" stand for the 602s. You got lots of options out there, just make sure that you got sufficient weight near the base because the cheaper stands skimp on the weighting at the base. Right around $120 a pair, the Premier S-series stands are one of the better values that I've seen, and they have 22", 26", and 30" models available. Decent double columned construction with good weighting at the base and adjustable spikes. Only disadvantage is that you need to tape the ends shut if you decide to fill the columns with sand (which I strongly recommend because the stands are far more stable after you do that). I got them with my speakers because those are tall bookshelf models and the 18" Premier stand was a perfect height for the speakers. Paradigm distributes the Premier stands, so just about any Paradigm dealer should carry them. I'm sure others will have their own recommendations.

pwh03
04-17-2004, 07:08 AM
sounds good thanks, I'll look around and see what I can find, I searched the topic to try and find some previous threads but nothin much came up. Thanks for the link I'll besure to check it out, sorry for being a bit redundant. Yeah 30 inches is pretty tall I know I would like to have them a bit shorter but the way my room is set up, I might have some trouble if the stands aren;t taller. I'm in college right now and I'm just trying to imagine what things look like back home, so it may turn out that the a little shorter would work, which I really hope is true. The problem is that if there not tall enough there going to play righ into the side of a desk and a dresser and I don't have much room to move things around, so I can't have that I'd rather have them be a bit to tall then facing right in a wooden plank. Like I said though I will have to wait and see what I can move around and to where.

thanks though

anyone have any news about the sub?

ppopp
04-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Audio Advisor carry them with good deals to be had. Very high build quality, super-rigid and easy to fill with sand/lead shot etc..