Anybody into "Hatsune Miku" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody into "Hatsune Miku"

manlystanley
01-17-2012, 08:29 AM
One of my sons is getting his PHD in Physics and he is seriously into the Japanese virtual singer Hatsune Miku. Further, he says that U.S. techy's are really into much of the Japanese pop culture.

I was just wondering if this is an indication that the US culture is shifting towards a more Asia focus?

Best Regards,
Stan

Erorrorse
01-29-2012, 07:35 AM
HiH

I've been reading this board for a long time but this is my first post.

This board has been a wealth of knowledge but I was wondering about some other sites you use you use for this type of stuff.

Please let me know other sites/forums you use

I'll go post an intro now!

LeRoy
01-29-2012, 10:02 PM
One of my sons is getting his PHD in Physics and he is seriously into the Japanese virtual singer Hatsune Miku. Further, he says that U.S. techy's are really into much of the Japanese pop culture.

I was just wondering if this is an indication that the US culture is shifting towards a more Asia focus?

Best Regards,
Stan

I have never heard of her but now that have enlightened me on who she is I might was well check it out. I have been into Asian music for long time but I only have a couple of CD's that are focused on Asian Music.

One of the groups is, Tosca. They are a Japanese band and I really don't know how to classify their music but I like it. I have another CD that is a blend of modern hard rock with traditional Chinese instruments. The artist's name is, Daolang, and the CD is 2002 First Snow.

I have for a very long time wanted to build a collection of Thai music but have never know where to go shopping for some. I first heard Thai music on NPR a few years ago and have enjoyed it ever since.

manlystanley
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
One of the groups is, Tosca.

Tosca! One of my daughters is trying to become an Opera singer. She named our cat "Tosca" after an Opera. Funny how names in different cultures mean different things.

"Hatsune Miku" is a robot who is learning about herself and her world. She sings about becoming self aware. Supposedly young techies are really into it. It does not do much for me though.

Best Regards,
Stan