Alcatraz [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
The next J.J. Abrams show to hit the air starts tomorrow night with a two hour premiere. It's on Fox at 8:00.

It stars Jorge Garcia of Lost fame (Hurley). The cast also includes Sam Neill and Parminder Nagra (who I admit having a bit of a girl crush on) and a bunch of other people who's names I don't recognize.

My PVR is set. Anyone else planning on watching this?

Hyfi
01-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Well I had no idea what the full plot was and went only on the tv commercials and thought it looked like a good sci-fi.

What it turned out to be is just one more over the top murderous show. I got really annoyed as the senseless body count reached around 10 before the first hour was done.

Is death and murder all the majority of people really want to watch? Don't they get enough of it from their local news and the other thousand shows that are nothing but senseless death?

The plot could have been so much better if the prisoners came back as good people and they spent their time searching for secret santas but instead it's just another kill em and forget em show as people continue to desensitize themselves even more.

Yeah the girl is cute but as usual, appears to be tougher than she would be in real life. Gotta love how there is absolutely no kick back when she fires her 45. Garcia is only there because he was on Lost and is no great actor by any stretch. The wacko in charge of the covert operation reminds me of Cigarette Man from X-Files.

Anyway, I'm out. Watching senseless murders is not my idea of fun or a good show.

Kam
01-18-2012, 11:25 AM
as you know i'm a jj fanboy but i missed this one :(
i'll have to catch it online and see how it was.

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
I recorded it so I haven't seen it yet either. I doubt that I'll have time to watch it before the weekend. Although I have Bronchitis and whether or not I return to work tomorrow is iffy right now, so maybe...

Hyfi
01-19-2012, 04:52 AM
I recorded it so I haven't seen it yet either. I doubt that I'll have time to watch it before the weekend. Although I have Bronchitis and whether or not I return to work tomorrow is iffy right now, so maybe...

Feel Better!

Maybe watching an overload of senseless killing and death will help:crazy:

Woochifer
01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
A bit of a bizarre premise, and I can already see that this is going to be one of those convoluted jigsaw puzzle dramas. A lot of potential for the series to be interesting, but the writers have to resist the temptation to stretch the formula to a point where it just derails the series. Still, it's an interesting formula in that Alcatraz has such a colorful history.

Plus, I lived in San Francisco for 9 years, and I was hoping to see some good location shots. San Francisco has some of the best vistas anywhere for filming, but unfortunately much of the series is oh-so-obviously shot in Vancouver. (San Francisco has a unique look to it because of its Victorian architecture and how its street grid is laid out over large hills, plus, the greenery in SF is very different from the Pacific Northwest)