How funny is this lol?!! Saw Cracker and Camper Van... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How funny is this lol?!! Saw Cracker and Camper Van...

Swish
01-14-2012, 07:24 AM
...at the World Cafe Live last night and took this video while Cracker was playing Low. Yes, it's a little shaky, but I had a few IPAs and it's hard to stand still when this great tune is playing.

What's so funny? Check out the guy from the audience who goes up on stage at 1:40 in and tries to grab a guitar. What an nut-job!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/I2zC-2wJKoM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/I2zC-2wJKoM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

nobody
01-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I never got too into Cracker but was a big Camper Van Beethoven fan. I will always remember seeing them playing a bar gig back in the 80s, both for the music which was fantastic and because of finding a friend who got carried outside after collapsing from lord only remembers what in the middle of the crowd and then wandered off while the rest of were still at the show. We found him as we drove home and saw him pulled off the road passed out with his head on the horn. I'm guessing he hadn't been there long or someone would have complained about the noise.

I did always like Euro Trash Girl from Cracker.

Swish
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I never got too into Cracker but was a big Camper Van Beethoven fan. I will always remember seeing them playing a bar gig back in the 80s, both for the music which was fantastic and because of finding a friend who got carried outside after collapsing from lord only remembers what in the middle of the crowd and then wandered off while the rest of were still at the show. We found him as we drove home and saw him pulled off the road passed out with his head on the horn. I'm guessing he hadn't been there long or someone would have complained about the noise.

I did always like Euro Trash Girl from Cracker.

That's probably my favorite from them but I didn't get that on video, or maybe I did get just a snippet. When I first started taking videos at shows, I went overboard and realized that I didn't really enjoy the show. Now I take one or two and put the Droid away. It just gets annoying.

When Camper Van was done with their set (about 12 songs I think), David Lowery said 'we'll be back in a little while to play some Cracker songs'. Yeah, that sounds funny, but he's the front man for both, as you know, and the drummer and pedal steel player were in both as well. It was good to see Johnny Hickman again too. Fun time.

nobody
01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I will occasionally think about taking pics of a show, but usually I get my phone cam out, take one shot, look at and realize pother people with real cameras are taking pics I can get a hold of if I really feel the need for one. But I do understand the urge.

And yeah, that guy grabbing the guitar was pretty damn funny. That was worth catching on tape. You should YouTube that segment.

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Ha! I didn't know who Cracker was. But when I watched the video I knew the song. I like the song...just never knew who sung it. I may have to check this band out further. :)

Nice catch of the guy wandering up on stage. Funny!

Swish
01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Ha! I didn't know who Cracker was. But when I watched the video I knew the song. I like the song...just never knew who sung it. I may have to check this band out further. :)

...the song was over. You can hear my wife say 'did you get that on video', but I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. I did notice the band member (playing peddle steel or whatever) get up and move to his right, but I thought he was asking a roadie for help or something. She explained it to me at the end of the song.

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I didn't have a clue... She explained it to me.

I imagine that happens A LOT!

:biggrin5:

Smokey
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I imagine that happens A LOT!

:biggrin5:

You are in top form LMAO

Swish
01-15-2012, 01:26 PM
You are in top form LMAO

She tried hard to keep up with me, but it's not going to happen. No way, no how.

Stone
01-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Cracker's first album is good, and for me the rest are hit and miss. I prefer CVB to Cracker and if you haven't heard their stuff, for instance Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart, you should.

Finch Platte
01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
That takes some balls, lol.

Maybe he thought it was a pedal steal. Or as you spell it, peddle. :prrr:

ForeverAutumn
01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
She tried hard to keep up with me, but it's not going to happen. No way, no how.

You think that because you're facing the wrong way. Turn around. See? There I am way out in front of you.

;)

ForeverAutumn
01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Cracker's first album is good, and for me the rest are hit and miss. I prefer CVB to Cracker and if you haven't heard their stuff, for instance Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart, you should.

Thanks. I'll do a little YouTubing when I have time.

That's right. I made YouTube into a verb. :yesnod:

Stone
01-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Way to be your own lexicographer.