Adele's 21 album [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adele's 21 album

Smokey
01-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Let me first say this girl got some set of pipes :)

I don't know if you heard or not, but this singer's second album 21 that was released earlier this year has taken UK music scene by storm, as 21 has become the longest running number one album by a female solo artist on the UK albums chart. So I had to hear what all the commotion is about.

I downloaded two chart topping singles from 21 album ("Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You"), and all I have to say is WOW!. This girl can really sing her heart out. There is just so much emotions in her voice that grab the listener (especially on her live versions). Now I see what is all the commotions is about.

http://www.musicsense.it/newsGallery/979/bigGal/Adele_ft._Gilbere_Forte___Set_Fire_To_The_Rain__Re mix_.jpg

3LB
01-13-2012, 06:23 AM
As long as she has a smokin hot body, I'm in.

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2012, 06:47 AM
As long as she has a smokin hot body, I'm in.

She does. She's a beautiful woman.

But I guess that depends on your definition of "smokin hot".

I want to like Adele. I've tried to like Adele. I admit that she has a fantastic voice that I really enjoy. But I've heard both her albums and they bore me. Love the voice, but the song choices just aren't for me.

blackraven
01-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I am on the same page as you F.Autumn. I love her voice and like just a few of her songs. Here first album was recorded poorly on Cd.

Another great voice that I have had some trouble with her song choices is Joss Stone. A great talent.

Joss Stone - LP1 CD Album (http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8530469)

Mr Peabody
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I have 21 and like it quite a bit but I have to admit I have to be in the mood for it and she does have a great voice. After buying 21 I checked out samples of 19 and it didn't sway me to purchase it. The numbers equal her age so she's just getting started.

Smokey
01-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I want to like Adele. I've tried to like Adele. I admit that she has a fantastic voice that I really enjoy. But I've heard both her albums and they bore me. Love the voice, but the song choices just aren't for me.

I accidentally downloaded her live versions of songs first, and looks lik she has honed her singing style in live versions as it is much more soulful than studio versions. Especially the single "Someone Like You". I think she is still growing.

Another great voice that I have had some trouble with her song choices is Joss Stone. A great talent.

Downloaded couple of her singles also (for free again :D) and she does have potential. Her style of singing is kind of "bluesy" and with right material, not so forgetable.

blackraven
01-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I think that Joss Stone is still trying to figure out who she wants to be. I saw her perform a concert with LeAnn Rimes on TV and they were great together.

RGA
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Adele is a big step up over the usual pop singer crowd because she has soulful voice and the blues tinge is a nice change of pace.

I kind of agree with the others about the songs themselves which aren't as good as good as her voice.

My favorite song from the album is "Set Fire to the Rain" I can play that over and over and over and I don't get tired of it. To me it is "THE" song on that album that is both a show of her voice song and is incredibly catchy.

She's not all that attractive in my opinion either - not a typical pop singer with those hard bodies. And she still outsells everyone - so it's definitely substance over style.

Adele - Set Fire to the Rain Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsBObg-1BQ&feature=related)

RGA
01-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Another female artist I like is Elle Goulding also a very big seller in the UK. She hasn't done nearly as well in the US I don't think.

She is not in the same vocal class as Adele - her voice is thin as if about to float away and it takes everything she has to just barely keep it from turning into a whisper. And despite that I like her - there is a soulful quality to it and for whatever reason I like her - and she's not all that great looking either.

She too to me is better live acoustic than the studio album - possibly because Elle is in the "electronica pop" genre where perhaps they felt they could beef up the vocals but I would rather her be in the Angela McClusky oddball vocals genre. That needs to be a shelf in the stores - the oddball vocals shelf.

Ellie Goulding 'The Writer' : Acoustic - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBOv360U4Gg&feature=relmfu)

Smokey
01-14-2012, 08:09 PM
My favorite song from the album is "Set Fire to the Rain" I can play that over and over and over and I don't get tired of it. To me it is "THE" song on that album that is both a show of her voice song and is incredibly catchy.

Adele - Set Fire to the Rain Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsBObg-1BQ&feature=related)

Thanks RGA. I like the song better than the other single "Rolling in the Deep" and studio sound better than live version (as oppose to other singles).

BTW, Youtube does not do her voice justice compare with high biterate MP3 version in term of sound quality :)