Great $9.00 Gear Light!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Great $9.00 Gear Light!!!!

Poultrygeist
01-08-2012, 04:54 AM
:thumbsup:Listening in the dark is manditory for me so I was happy to find this light at Ikea. There are two models available - one with a base as pictured and one that clips on. When I finally find a tube phono stage I'll use it to illuminate the TT.

JANSJÖ Work lamp - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/)

JoeE SP9
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up. The comparable ones from elsewhere are much more expensive.

frenchmon
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Great...now the only problem is I live in St. Louis and the closes store is 230 miles away in Chicago.

Poultrygeist
01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I believe it's available mail order.

frenchmon
01-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I believe it's available mail order.

Nope....store pickup only

Sorry, this product is not for sale on our website, check if it is available in your local store.

Poultrygeist
01-09-2012, 04:53 AM
frenchmon,

Yall need to move back to the Carolina's.

MillionairL
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Don't mean to spoil your fun but have you looked on ebay? Usually things that small are often worth buying directly from manufacturers to save costs.

Worse comes to worst, just call them and ask if they do deliveries.

hifitommy
01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
i have tried LED lights at the TT and apparent brightness seems to be skewed by the "temperature" of the light. it has a slight blue tinge that doesnt seem conducive to LP viewing.

i am not motivated to spend the higher prices for 'littlelight' products either. i am still waiting for an affordable light that has the right attributes.

frenchmon
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
frenchmon,

Yall need to move back to the Carolina's.

Man you ain't never lied! No Ikea...No Brunswick Stew....No Pig Pickens...No audio shops. No Southern Seasons Store..and No Bojangles Fried Chicken. Oh did I tell you when wife transferred to St. Louis and the 18 hour drive here....I cried every mile? You know who is make the bigger pay check in the house. I do IT....shes a scientist in upper management working for a huge French company with head quarters in Durham and St,Louis as well as the main HQ in France. When we retire, guess where i'm moving too?

Poultrygeist
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
hifi - No blue with this long goose neck light - just white, cool to the touch, illumination. I'm going back to Ikea for another.

frenchie - I like that dirty rice and gravy biscuits at Bojangles and the best sweet-tea around. As you know sweet-tea is one word down here. Anything in St. Louis to compare to Bullocks or the Q Shack in Durham?

Pat D
01-16-2012, 06:38 AM
:thumbsup:Listening in the dark is manditory for me so I was happy to find this light at Ikea. There are two models available - one with a base as pictured and one that clips on. When I finally find a tube phono stage I'll use it to illuminate the TT.

JANSJÖ Work lamp - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/)

It looks like a great little product.

What kind of power cord to you use?:smile5:

Poultrygeist
01-16-2012, 07:25 AM
It looks like a great little product.

What kind of power cord to you use?:smile5:

Wattgate IEC of course :-)

Pat D
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Wattgate IEC of course :-)

Of course! How silly of me! It goes without saying. An excellent choice to increase the color resolution and decrease visual fatigue.

frenchmon
01-16-2012, 02:25 PM
hifi - No blue with this long goose neck light - just white, cool to the touch, illumination. I'm going back to Ikea for another.

frenchie - I like that dirty rice and gravy biscuits at Bojangles and the best sweet-tea around. As you know sweet-tea is one word down here. Anything in St. Louis to compare to Bullocks or the Q Shack in Durham?

Daggnabit Poultry! I love everything at Bojangles, And Bullocks and the Q Shack are very good, but different. Most of the BBQ joints here are like Q Shack. Now we aint got good sweet-tea here. To show you how bad it is....the best tea I can get here without making it my self is at Chick-Fila. So you can see why I miss Carolina.

Poultrygeist
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
frenchie,

You know what they say in the Carolina's, "if it ain't pig it ain't Que".

1530 Winyah Bay, SC - site of America's first pig pickin where the Spanish and their pigs met up with the slow cooking Native Americans.

frenchmon
01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
frenchie,

You know what they say in the Carolina's, "if it ain't pig it ain't Que".

1530 Winyah Bay, SC - site of America's first pig pickin where the Spanish and their pigs met up with the slow cooking Native Americans.

Yeah..I know. In Carolina Pulled Pork is BBQ....every thing else is grilled....Man ima getting hungry!