Night Ranger top 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Night Ranger top 3

Smokey
01-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Definitely a product of 80's rock sound, they managed to put out couple of respectable albums in their early career. So my favorites top 3 songs are from that period.

1."Sing Me Away" [From Dawn Patrol]
2."Goodbye" [From Seven Wishes]
3."Four In The Morning" [From Seven Wishes]

http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/N/Night_Ranger/Night.Ranger-band-1982.jpg

TheHills44060
01-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Brad Gillis did a great job on Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil Tour after Randy Rhoads died. A littleoverboard on the whammy bar but overall a hell of a job.

Smokey
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Brad Gillis must be a versatile guitar player since Night Ranger and Ozzy have two different sound as former is rock/pop driven sound and the latter is heavy metal.

noddin0ff
01-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I remember having a cassette of Dawn Patrol that got played until it destructed in my RadioShack car deck..and the only song I can remember was be Don't Tell me you love me. Still remember hot summer nights and driving too fast on country roads but can't think of a #2 or #3... I guess they did do Sister Christian, but i never really liked that one.

GMichael
01-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Brad Gillis must be a versatile guitar player since Night Ranger and Ozzy have two different sound as former is rock/pop driven sound and the latter is heavy metal.

I saw Night Ranger in concert back in the mid 80's. They were the warm up band for 38 special. I was expecting more of a 'pop' sound from them, but they turned in a very heavy, 'heavy metal' show. I was pleasantly surprised.

The only song I am familiar from them is that 'Sister Christian' song.

Finch Platte
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Definitely a product of 80's rock sound, they managed to put out couple of respectable albums in their early career. So my favorites top 3 songs are from that period.

Citation needed.

3LB
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Chick music. I had a tape I played on dates.

Smokey
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Citation needed.

The albums are in the bracket in my OP.

Looks like Sister Christian is favorite, but it was so over played by MTV and radio that made it stale. IMO Goodbye is a better ballad.

Stone
01-10-2012, 08:03 AM
"(You Can Still) Rock In America"

After that, they lose me.

MasterCylinder
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I too, am not familiar enough to make three selections.

However, I really like the stuff from Blades and Shaw.

bobsticks
01-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Brad Gillis did a great job on Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil Tour after Randy Rhoads died. A littleoverboard on the whammy bar but overall a hell of a job.

Yes, he did a good job in what was not a terribly envious position. He later spoke of some no-so-terribly kind receptions from Randy's faithful.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mf83DsxtkCs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watson's picking technique in "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" was fairly superior too...

...but overall, yeah, a chick band and one that made me dubious of rock bands with short haired members for years to come....