Bought a tone arm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bought a tone arm

Enochrome
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Just pulled the trigger on a Jelco 370D ala LAD branding. This will go on my Thorens TD-125mk2 with a Denon DL-103LC. This is the second Jelco arm for me; my 125 currently has 250st on it and I will move that over to a Micro Seiki DQ-41 that I recently picked up. I will have to route a new arm mount for it because it is made for 222mm distance.

hifitommy
01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
eno,

that sounds like a great move. having a detachable headshell is essential to me as i enjoy swapping cartridges. mounting, inspecting, and swapping are all facilitated here.

i will assume you have a few carts lying around, they can all be mounted and ready.

the jelco is much the same as my mmt which is classically mounted on my sota sapphire.

i bet an adcXLM would be great on the other jelco you have. or maybe the dyna 18d with its extremely short cantilever.

Enochrome
01-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks.

Yes the removable headshell and the fact that my 250st was built so well is what sold me over a Rega RB250 I was eyeing (although that is good arm as well). I have read that the LAD 370 is very similar to the MMT except that the mounting distance is shorter; have you heard that?

I'll post picks as soon as I get it.

hifitommy
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
not sure about that but vinyl engine may have some clues.

Enochrome
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
the ADC XLM looks cool and it was well regarded back in the day it seems. Too bad both Jelco's are too heavy for it. I might want to invest in another cheap Nagaoka or AT95e they seemed to be as about as low as you can go with MM's.

hifitommy
01-05-2012, 10:41 AM
i would go for the nagaoaka, poppa chubby has one and swears by it. the mp200 has a boron canitlever, one of the very best materials for canitlevers.

NAGAOKA phono cartridge,NAGAOKA phonograph cartridge (http://www.lpgear.com/category/NAGAOKACART.html)

Enochrome
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I think I might go for the Nag 11 or 110, but this is after I get both tables running and see what my Denon's are pumping out.