Happy New Year people! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year people!

Swish
01-01-2012, 06:57 AM
My current spouse and I went to dinner with best bud Bob and his wife and 12 year old daughter, then they came over to our place to watch a movie, listen to toons, and play some games until the clock struck midnight.

What was the last thing you listened to in 2011? For us it was 'Boxer' by The National.

ForeverAutumn
01-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Happy New Year!

We spent the evening with some good friends at someone's house. We listened to a lot of music last night but I think that the last thing we heard before turning on the TV to watch the countdown was Pink Floyd's Meddle. That was preceded by some Rolling Stones, REM, and Muse.

JohnMichael
01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Happy New Year!

After Lady Gaga performed I muted the TV and listened to Lucinda Williams. As Dick Clark, who seems to be recovering nicely, counted down I marvelled how they can get so much spray tan on one man.

Swish
01-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Happy New Year!

After Lady Gaga performed I muted the TV and listened to Lucinda Williams. As Dick Clark, who seems to be recovering nicely, counted down I marvelled how they can get so much spray tan on one man.

...I would have muted while she was performing and listened to Lucinda. :smile5:

Can I ask which Lucinda record you played? I recently spun her S/T, Car Wheels, and her latest, Blessed. All are quite nice, but I think Car Wheels is still her best.

JohnMichael
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I love her "Live @ the Fillmore" and that is what I was listening to last night. I love "World Without Tears" she can sing about pain and a hard life better than anyone I know. "West" is also excellent. "Little Honey" is a little too upbeat for me. I have Car Wheels but I do not listen to it often. I will have to give it a listen tonight.

kexodusc
01-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Happy new year everyone. Last thing I heard was Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup. Ugh. Would have preferred Lady Gaga.

3LB
01-02-2012, 06:25 AM
The wife and I went to a private party with about 70 others to a fixed-up barn my buddy owns. We grubbed, drank and danced to a local bar band, who played mostly bar band stuff. Anyone here two-step? I ain't ashamed!

First thing I spun this year... my head.

dean_martin
01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Hmm. . . let's see. The next morning the latest Wilco cd was out, Magnetic Fields' Holiday and The National's High Violet were on the coffee table. Funkadelic's Uncle Jam Wants You was in the just played stack. Three REM albums were in the to-play stack. I remember playing guitar and working on a new song. Not sure what I heard last. Probably "Desert Island". I played that track several times.

Stone
01-03-2012, 06:07 AM
My current spouse ...

How many more do you plan to have?

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone!

I don't recall exactly the last thing listened to in 2011, but I believe it was this on vinyl:

http://www.musictory.it/cover/23878/44296.jpg

Mr MidFi
01-03-2012, 06:52 AM
I got some gift-card goodies for Xmas, which I used to acquire The Handsome Furs' Face Control, The Vaccines' debut disc, the latest one from Deer Tick, and Lou Reed's Live at Lollapalooza DVD. One of those (or possibly the new Black Keys album?) was the last thing I played in '11.

The first thing played in '12 was definitely The Whole Love.

Swish
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
How many more do you plan to have?

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone!

I don't recall exactly the last thing listened to in 2011, but I believe it was this on vinyl:

http://www.musictory.it/cover/23878/44296.jpg

I had a sales rep in Ohio who was married for the second time and, jokingly, introduced his wife to me as his 'current spouse'. I liked it so much that I hijacked it. I don't plan on divorcing anytime soon. My current spouse might be, but I'm not.

Slosh
01-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Not my Blu-ray or my choice. Very nice production values (DTS-MA track sounds great), performance, and Geddy Lee can be kind of funny (on purpose, I mean).

GMichael
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I had a sales rep in Ohio who was married for the second time and, jokingly, introduced his wife to me as his 'current spouse'. I liked it so much that I hijacked it. I don't plan on divorcing anytime soon. My current spouse might be, but I'm not.

Funny. I introduce my wife as "my first wife" all the time. Let's just say that it never earns me any points.

Don't remember the last thing I listened too. Some country song that my wife likes I think.:blush2: