Dick Clark recovering [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dick Clark recovering

JohnMichael
12-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Dick Clark looked more alive than last year. I was glad to see the progress he made from his stroke. He is recovering nicely. Keep it up Dick. So much better than last year. Oh and the spray on tanner could be turned down just a bit.

3LB
01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Keep it up Dick.yer just double-dog daring someone aintcha! ;)

Actually I agree and pretty remarkable given how brutal his first appearance after the stroke was.

Worf101
01-04-2012, 05:38 AM
What the heck were you guys watching. I thought he looked and sounded worse than ever! A frined of mine who hadn't watched the show in about 10 years called me and said it was one of the saddest spectacles she's ever seen. Like pulling wings off a butterfly. This guy used to make his living WITH HIS VOICE!! This whole thing is a gigantic bummer to me.. I wish to god he'd just quit.

Worf

Hyfi
01-04-2012, 05:48 AM
What was really sad was last year they showed a pre recorded message from him with the countdown that blocked the actual dropping of the ball. When hes message was over, they went back live to times square and it was all over.

I love the guy but there is a time to pack it in.

3LB
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
In a way, its sort of inspirational, that he's survived such a massive stroke. As bad as it looked, it was worse the first time I saw him after the stroke - cringe inducing. From what I've seen on Youtube, he isn't as animatronic as he was a few years ago. Yeah, the speech is slurred, but he seemed more expressive. That being said, it is time to pass the torch. Or not. I have little interest in the TV on NewYearsEve. Its usually someone else who turns one of those shows on anyway. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Glen B
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
What the heck were you guys watching. I thought he looked and sounded worse than ever! A frined of mine who hadn't watched the show in about 10 years called me and said it was one of the saddest spectacles she's ever seen. Like pulling wings off a butterfly. This guy used to make his living WITH HIS VOICE!! This whole thing is a gigantic bummer to me.. I wish to god he'd just quit.

Worf

Ditto. He should do like Don Cornelius did and call it a day.

Erorrorse
01-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Greetings

Ive been reading this board for over a year but this is my first time posting.

There's a treasure trove of information here but I was wondering about some other sites you use you use for this type of stuff.

Please list other relevant sites/blogs/forums that you follow

I'll go post an intro now!