Happy Birthday Hyfi! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Hyfi!

ForeverAutumn
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
HBD Hyfi. I hope you have a great day. :)

Hyfi
12-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks FA!

Today is the big 50. As I drove to work, I was hoping to see this post since you never forget....(moderators get little popups right?)

Anyway, did you really stay up til 12:05 just to post this or can you Mods setup future postings?

I hope everyone continues to have a great few days before kicking in the new year and starting all over, whatever you choose to celebrate.

I already got my big present a few months ago, the C122 for my HT setup but my wife still has a surprise for me later......................

Not that, my mom is coming for dinner and staying over:ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2011, 05:52 AM
No AR popups...Facebook. LOL!

Yes, I stayed up past midnight just to post this. Let's go with that. :D

GMichael
12-27-2011, 05:56 AM
No AR popups...Facebook. LOL!

Yes, I stayed up past midnight just to post this. Let's go with that. :D

I believe you. Sure I do. :rolleyes5:
Happy B-day Hi-fi.Have a great one.
Keep it up and you'll catch me soon.

Jack in Wilmington
12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Happy B Day HyFi. The big 50 huh. Ah I remember it well. If your wife gets you a time machine for your birthday, you can go back to Soundex. Now that sounds like a great time. I wonder what everyone would do if they had a time machine and could go back and enjoy a musical event what would that be.

Hyfi
12-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Happy B Day HyFi. The big 50 huh. Ah I remember it well. If your wife gets you a time machine for your birthday, you can go back to Soundex. Now that sounds like a great time. I wonder what everyone would do if they had a time machine and could go back and enjoy a musical event what would that be.

Thanks a bunch.

The one event I would go back to is the last show Miles Davis played before he died. It was the Keswick and I chose not to go thinking I would go the next time around.

He died 2 weeks later.

Man, I wish I could go listen to some great setups again at Soundex.

How ya liking all the solo Annie works?

3LB
12-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Happy B'day!

I didn't realize you shared a b-day with one of my seesters.

Mr MidFi
12-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I believe you. Sure I do. :rolleyes5:

She remembers it because it's only 9 days before her own.

Happy-happy, Hyfi. Half a century down, another half to go!

Jack in Wilmington
12-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks a bunch.

The one event I would go back to is the last show Miles Davis played before he died. It was the Keswick and I chose not to go thinking I would go the next time around.

He died 2 weeks later.

The Annie works are great. I put "One Enchanted Evening" on the other day and the next thing I know my wife is sitting in the chair next to me. She hardly ever comes in to my AV room. She says "I know this song and the last one too" Usually she'll stick her head in the door when Renaissance is on and say "Who's this"

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
She remembers it because it's only 9 days before her own.

Just wait until the year that I forget yours! :p

Swish
12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks a bunch.

He died 2 weeks later.

...I saw him in Wilkes-Barre just a month or so prior to that. I tried finding the exact date but cannot, although I'm sure someone at the Kirby Center could confirm it for me. I didn't save the dang ticket stub and it really irks me. I loved the show but Miles clearly wasn't at his best. Still, to see him before he died was incredible to me.

Happy birthday dude.

Finch Platte
12-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Happy birfday, mang. Did you get your walker gold-plated & new batteries for your hearing aids?

Hyfi
12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Happy birfday, mang. Did you get your walker gold-plated & new batteries for your hearing aids?

What?

GMichael
12-28-2011, 06:02 AM
What?

I SAID.......
(awwww... skip it)

bobsticks
12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Happy belated...quite a milestone. I hope there was an appropriate celebration.:22::22: