A real Duh'Oh moment [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A real Duh'Oh moment

Hyfi
12-22-2011, 07:36 AM
My newest pc of gear I got several months ago is the Integra 30.3 which has Network capabilities for streaming music. Since I already had my OPPO93 setup, I never gave it much thought and I also did not have any way of getting the cable from my router upstairs to the Integra.

At some point, I had someone give me a Sling Box and some accessories which included a set of thru the wall networking units. A couple of weeks ago I decided to give it a shot to see how it went. I got connectivity from the router to the first box plugged into the wall but downstairs it never seemed to link up when plugged into the receiver so I quickly gave up and continued to use the OPPO.

A few days ago I had some time to play and decided to give it another try and decided to try a different network cable from the unit to the Integra. Since it was daytime, I could see pretty well behind all my equipment and miles of cabling. I crawled back there between my sub and gear rack, bent down to replace the end of the cable going to the Integra only to realize I had it plugged into my Rotel receiver on the next shelf down.

As soon as I placed the cable into the right receiver, BAM I had an IP address and hooked right up to my Pandora account which I have really been enjoying instead of radio.

Last night I palyed around with all the network interfaces and discovered the 4 million network radio stations. Blues from Belgium, Xmas tunes in German, Comedy in Russian and anything you can think of.

Streaming my own music from my network was also flawless. I'm a little late to this party but surely am enjoying all the new choices I have discovered for Music.

Duh' Oh!

frenchmon
12-22-2011, 08:00 AM
You think you are late to the party....I never left to go!

Nice to see you are having fun.

Happy Holidays...

Cheers.

Hyfi
12-22-2011, 08:08 AM
You think you are late to the party....I never left to go!

Nice to see you are having fun.

Happy Holidays...

Cheers.

Back at ya Frenchmon!

I am getting ready to swap out the Danes for the Clearfields to see how the new tubes sound with them as well as flipping back to the Counterpoint.

zolarsystem
12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm a newby to this streaming stuff. Recently aquired an Oppo - 83 (don't have a need for 3-D) to take advantage of its superior playback qualities. Do I understand that if I connect it to my router I can download Pandora etc.?

Hyfi
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm a newby to this streaming stuff. Recently aquired an Oppo - 83 (don't have a need for 3-D) to take advantage of its superior playback qualities. Do I understand that if I connect it to my router I can download Pandora etc.?

From what I can get from the 83 manual the only thing you will get via network is the BD Live stuff, no straeming.

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP83/BDP-83_English_Manual.pdf