I just bought a Jamo R909 for less then $700!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Jamo R909 for less then $700!!

manlystanley
12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Well, maybe not.......

So, what do you guys think: Jamo R 909 Reference Series Speaker - Each (High Gloss Red) [B003061FAK] - US$699.50 : Topchooseus Store (http://www.topchooseus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11726)

I got to the pay part and they said something like: "First purchase must wire money, no credit cards".

Anyone want to be the first? Then tell us if there a rip off or not???

Couple things:

1.) they say there in "Suzhou District,Jinshan,Shanghai" but the Internet tool 'Whois', says they registered the doman from: xiamen, fujian 361009 China

2.) The reviews seem to be copied from other sites.

Best Regards,
Stan

JohnMichael
12-15-2011, 01:36 PM
I think I would run from that deal and site. I am anxious to check it out on my home computer. Curious to how my computers security will react/

Ajani
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
LOL... I assume you are joking about even considering ordering anything from that site... It would be difficult even to produce a low quality knock off of the Jamo's at that price...

Also, any site looking for wire transfer rather than credit card sounds like straight up crooks...

manlystanley
12-16-2011, 05:39 AM
LOL... I assume you are joking about even considering ordering anything from that site... It would be difficult even to produce a low quality knock off of the Jamo's at that price...

Also, any site looking for wire transfer rather than credit card sounds like straight up crooks...

Actually, I was seriously thinking of doing it, until I found out that credit cards were not accepterd. I've been ripped off in the past with credit cards, but then I just called up the card compnay and got my money back.

But, I tend to be a risk taker by nature, that's why my last several houses I've boughten have been forclorures. There are always hidden bombs with forclorsures, as I'm finding out with my current one.

BTW, one of my daughters just came by. She wants me to send you: :16:

:16:

:16:

Best Regards,
Stan

Ajani
12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I think buying foreclosures is not a bad idea at all and probably a lot less risky than buying those Jamos.

There's always a risk that a foreclosed house has some hidden nasties, but chances are good that if you got a sufficiently low price, then even after any repairs you'll still end up paying less than for a comparable property on the open market.

In terms of the Jamos: I see no realistic way that anyone could sell them for around a tenth of the retail price and turn a profit or even break even. Unless they are stolen. So IMO, you'd either be ripped off or end up with stolen product...

frenchmon
12-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Boy! At first I thought you got the deal/steal of the year. Then I saw the site. I've read those are great speakers...and I have seen them go for 5k all the way up to 7k.

woggysworld
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
when things seem too good to be true, they probably are my friend. best of luckl tho!

winston
12-16-2011, 06:42 PM
walk away man!! (Firefox & windows essentials) said the web site don't supply enough identity information "is very poor!

Poultrygeist
12-17-2011, 04:06 AM
I've been lusting after these for sometime.

jamo open baffle

manlystanley
12-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all your great advice. I wrote back and forth to the guy multiple times. He keeps on basically saying: Trust me send money. :-(

So, I'm dropping it on this side.

Best Regards,
Stan