Paradigm Studio 100s Pricing ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Studio 100s Pricing ?

tsweers89
12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Looking into getting a pair of Studio 100's. I have only 1 Paradigm dealer in a 100mile radius of me. I went there and demoed them this past week. Also demoed a few b&w and KEF. I def want to pick up a pair of the 100s after hearing them. Only problem is the price tag. They have them set at $3500 which is paradigms msrp. When i call another dealer they will not give me a price over the phone besides the msrp. I guess its one of paradigms rules. Which doesnt make to much sense to me. All he could tell me is that they offer them at his store for quite a bit less. But its 247 miles from me. So i am wondering what the going rate is for a pair so i can go to my dealer and tell them i can get them for "said price" at the next dealer closest to me and see if they will match the price. Any info would be helpful.

RGA
12-15-2011, 01:55 AM
I am giving a fast answer but please note it may not be accurate any longer since I have not been up on Paradigm in a few years.

If memory serves they offer a few different aesthetic versions of the 100 - a basic no fancy veneer version and a nicer finished version at a a considerably higher price. The 100s used to be about $2200.

$3500 seems awfully high to me so perhaps this is a nicer wood veneered version?

Hopefully the Paradigm guys will have more detailed answer for you.

frenchmon
12-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Looking into getting a pair of Studio 100's. I have only 1 Paradigm dealer in a 100mile radius of me. I went there and demoed them this past week. Also demoed a few b&w and KEF. I def want to pick up a pair of the 100s after hearing them. Only problem is the price tag. They have them set at $3500 which is paradigms msrp. When i call another dealer they will not give me a price over the phone besides the msrp. I guess its one of paradigms rules. Which doesnt make to much sense to me. All he could tell me is that they offer them at his store for quite a bit less. But its 247 miles from me. So i am wondering what the going rate is for a pair so i can go to my dealer and tell them i can get them for "said price" at the next dealer closest to me and see if they will match the price. Any info would be helpful.

They normally go for around $2800....$2900 new. You might want to try Audiogon.com every so often as they go fast. Also Home (http://www.spearitsound.com) had some Paradigm on close out. You might be able to find a great deal on a pair of Paradigm Signature speakers there.....

ForeverAutumn
12-15-2011, 06:02 AM
I bought Studio 60's two years ago. The MSRP was $2300 CDN. I paid $1800. That should give you a bit of an idea about the markup. $500 off and I'm sure that the dealer still made a decent profit. Based on that, Frenchmon's response sounds reasonable to me.

blackraven
12-15-2011, 10:02 AM
$3500 is steep for the 100's. You can buy better speakers for that coin.

tsweers89
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks all for the helpful posts. From other sites/forums i have posted it seems most have gotten them for $2800-2900 a set. Which is def something i can handle. I will try and audition others in the same price range before i make a final decision but it is hard as i don't have many places to go in my area.

blackraven
12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks all for the helpful posts. From other sites/forums i have posted it seems most have gotten them for $2800-2900 a set. Which is def something i can handle. I will try and audition others in the same price range before i make a final decision but it is hard as i don't have many places to go in my area.

I would give a listen to some PSB Synchrony's and Thiel cs2.4's. The Synchrony 1 and 2's can be found on line for huge discounts and are in a class above the Studio's.