Newbie setup questions for pioneer kuro and home theater [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie setup questions for pioneer kuro and home theater

lreinstein
12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Please direct me if there is a more appropriate Forum for this post. I really need someone with patience to help me here.

I have all Pioneer elite equipment including the *BDP-05 Blu-ray connected to the VSX-94TX AV receiver connected to the 151FD KURO Plasma TV. I also use an HD TIVO as another video source. * All connections are HDMI.

Many of these units provide overlapping and duplicate functionality so my question is what settings to use for each? *What combination gives the best result in video and audio.?

For example, on the KURO plasma do I use "pure cinema" film mode, or do I select that on the Bluray? *

And what should I set the Noise Reduction filters on the KURO for? *3D, Field, Block, Mosquito? *Which ones on and which off? * And some of these can be set on the Bluray too?

And on the BDP-05? *How to set PQLS? *Detail? pure Cinema? AAC out?

And what about on the AV Receiver? Should i set the resolution set for auto or pure or?
And the aspect ratio to ?? Through? *Or normal?

A couple of additional questions... * When watching some recent blu-rays I noticed that there are moire artifacts ( not sure if the right term) when people wearing stripes move across the screen? *Is there a setting that reduces this?

Finally, I notice that there are firmware updates for the KURO . * Do you know what improvements or features these address and whether it s worth installing?

Thanks

Larry

Hosternokke
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi Larry,

You've got a lot of questions ;) Did you get any further at the mean time?
Can't the store help you out with these questions?

Good luck

lreinstein
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
The folks at the store do not seem all that knowledgeable or helpful