Prog outta Chico- Clouds On Strings [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Prog outta Chico- Clouds On Strings

Finch Platte
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Clouds On Strings was formed by a group of music majors from CSUC at Chico, CA in April 2009 with the intention of creating music that was both thoughtful and entertaining. Pulling heavily from influences in the the 70's progressive rock scene like Yes, Kansas, King Crimson and the modern progressive and experimental scene, like Opeth, Porcupine Tree, and The Dear Hunter, Clouds On Strings has made their own sound, making new music highlighting the favorite parts from all their influences.

The summer of 2009 saw Clouds On Strings writing and recording their first album "For You, For Me, For The Sake Of A Name" which was then self released in December. The album tells, in seven parts, the fictitious story of a young women's struggle with celebrity and fame. The album received rave reviews from many publications earning them the title of "damn fine prog rock" by allmetalresource.com

Clouds On Strings is now spending time focusing on writing and recording their next album, while playing live with local and touring artists in Northern California. Some notable artists Clouds On Strings has shared a stage with are: Judgement Day, La Fin Du Monde, Silian Rail, A Lot Like Birds, Blessed Deep, and many more.

Check 'em out here: Clouds On Strings | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos (http://www.myspace.com/cloudsonstrings)

3LB
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
those links won't work for me

Finch Platte
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
those links won't work for me

Hmm, I clicked on it & it works just fine. Oh, well, you're not missing much. They cite some cool influences but sound nothing like them from what I can tell. Pretty gay, actually, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Try this (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=11&gs_id=y&xhr=t&q=clouds+on+strings&qe=Y2xvdWRzIG9uIHM&qesig=iRGhcQIApasmmTjFOQ4llA&pkc=AFgZ2tl16O6LskYwVrkxoyaFpRGHizpgc8jiIYNMXBqHyb On4MTqUpn94W7UfyUup5Z9jS8qGT0sG8i3r97qh3mZ30NfYJjC-A&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=clouds+on+s&aq=0&aqi=g1g-v3&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4f4a2fc99072a068&biw=1366&bih=639) link.

3LB
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Actually, it looks like a MySpace thing. For some reason I can't open anything on my home computer on MySpace. I wonder why?