Early Christmas Present [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas Present

Jack in Wilmington
12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Got an early present, because I waited until January last year and they were sold out. I know, it's not audio equipment, but this will hopefully get me out of the cold quicker and back into my nice warm audio room.

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/product-images/product_6839_500.jpg

ForeverAutumn
12-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Nice gift to yourself Jack. I want one too! When we moved into our new house a few years ago, we went from a driveway barely big enough for one large car to a four car driveway. I enjoy shovelling the snow but because of my asthma, I can't shovel the driveway anymore. I'm good for about half of it and then I have an asthma attack and have to go into the house to warm up. I wanted to buy a snow blower, but my husband talked me out of it, promising that he would shovel the driveway and keep it clear. Well, sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.

At least now when he doesn't go out and shovel, I can nag at him about how he won't let me buy the snowblower and that gets him moving...otherwise he'd have to give in and admit that he was wrong. :)

manlystanley
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Ugg. I need one of these two. But, I'm too cheap. I'm praying for no snow this winter. Then I'll pick them up cheap in the spring. Either that, or I'll die shoveling......

ForeverAutumn
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm praying for no snow this winter.

Same here. One of our issues when discussing whether or not to get one of these was that winters here are very inconsistent. We can have a winter where we get 10 feet of snow or we can have a winter where we get only a few inches of snow.

Last year we had several snow storms and several feet of snow by this time. This year we've had a few light flurries and there is no snow on the ground yet (I'm hoping it stays that way). In fact, the temperature is supposed to go up to 11 celcius on Thursday! I'm not complaining...just saying...

mansueto
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
A Snowblower is an essential for any household, especially from where I'm from! Being from Toronto, Canada we get a lot of snow over here sometimes multiple feet in one snow fall! This year we've been fortunate so far that we haven't gotten much snow! Hopefully it can stay this way for a little longer.