Mary Fahl - From The Dark Side Of The Moon [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mary Fahl - From The Dark Side Of The Moon

BarryL
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Someone was asking about his recently.

It's available on iTunes.

When I first heard pieces of it when it first came out, I thought, who needs another version of DSOTM.

But if you like Mary Fahl, singer from The October Project, and you put yourself in a Radiohead frame of mind,you might like this.

It's a modernized remake of the entire album, with a bit of a drums and bass dub feel with a progressive edge.

I'm about half-way through listening to it, and it's a brilliant reinterpretation IMO. Brings new life to an album I can hardly listen to anymore because I've heard it so many times.

Hyfi
12-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Someone was asking about his recently.

It's available on iTunes.

When I first heard pieces of it when it first came out, I thought, who needs another version of DSOTM.

But if you like Mary Fahl, singer from The October Project, and you put yourself in a Radiohead frame of mind,you might like this.

It's a modernized remake of the entire album, with a bit of a drums and bass dub feel with a progressive edge.

I'm about half-way through listening to it, and it's a brilliant reinterpretation IMO. Brings new life to an album I can hardly listen to anymore because I've heard it so many times.

When did they finally release this Barry? Last I had heard when looking for it last year was that the whole project was squashed.

BarryL
12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
When did they finally release this Barry? Last I had heard when looking for it last year was that the whole project was squashed.

I don't know when it was released. I thought it had been released as a CD a bunch of years back. But maybe when she got a deal to record her last solo album they scrapped release of it. The solo album aims for a much different audience than this. Frankly, that last solo album was a bore. I do like what was done with DSOTM, although I don't know if it is her artistic reproduction or she's just singing the vocals for someone else's revisioning. Much more interesting than those other boring prog remakes of Pink Floyd that came out a bunch of years ago.

3LB
12-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I've only heard one or two tunes from her, I think on comps. I remember she had a kind of husky voice.