Andrew Bird Tour Info [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bird Tour Info

Mr MidFi
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
My lovely bride was notified of a pre-sale for an Andrew Bird show in May, and she jumped on a couple of tix.

Tour Info:
Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself - March 6 2011 (http://andrewbird.net/)

With our ticket purchase, we also get:
1. A 5-song live EP from his last tour
2. A "pristine" digital d/l of his new album when it drops in March
3. Another live EP, later on

We'll be going to the last show on the tour, a triumphant homecoming to Chicago at the splendid Auditorium Theater. And it's on a Saturday night, no less. Life is good!

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
No Toronto date. :(

That Bird better spread his wings and fly north!

Have you seen him live before Mr. M? He puts on a hell of a show.

Mr MidFi
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Have you seen him live before Mr. M? He puts on a hell of a show.

Twice, in fact. Perhaps you've forgotten my egregious use of the word "tragedy" in the review I posted the next day.

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Twice, in fact. Perhaps you've forgotten my egregious use of the word "tragedy" in the review I posted the next day.

Ah yes, I remember the event. I'd forgotten that it was you. Oops!

BarryL
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM

He still hasn't forgiven Toronto for my arriving to his show late.

Next he'll be calling me a monster and wanting to substitute my blood with formaldehyde. He's got blood in his eyes.
Nope, better he stays away.

Swish
12-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I missed him when he last played in Philly, but I plan to be there this time, or the Ram's Head show in MD.

Swish
01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
My lovely bride was notified of a pre-sale for an Andrew Bird show in May, and she jumped on a couple of tix.

Tour Info:
Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself - March 6 2011 (http://andrewbird.net/)

With our ticket purchase, we also get:
1. A 5-song live EP from his last tour
2. A "pristine" digital d/l of his new album when it drops in March
3. Another live EP, later on

We'll be going to the last show on the tour, a triumphant homecoming to Chicago at the splendid Auditorium Theater. And it's on a Saturday night, no less. Life is good!

...is making their way to the the U.S. to see them with me and my current spouse? Yes, the Fall Girl and her better half.

ForeverAutumn
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
:D That's right. We're braving the trip south of the 49th parallel. I can't wait!

No Toronto date? Pshaw! I don't need no stinkin' Toronto date. Where the Bird lands, I will fly (well, in this case...drive). Besides, it's a great excuse to visit the Swishmeister and his beautiful bride. :) And I have to thank them both in advance for the invitation.

Mr MidFi
01-23-2012, 06:31 AM
We enjoyed the hell out of our all-too-brief visit with FA and her man a couple of weeks ago, and I'm fairly confident you all will have 1000 laughs. As for traveling below the 49th parallel... just be sure to invest in some decent insurance and a serviceable set of brass knuckles. No worries.

Swish
01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
We enjoyed the hell out of our all-too-brief visit with FA and her man a couple of weeks ago, and I'm fairly confident you all will have 1000 laughs. As for traveling below the 49th parallel... just be sure to invest in some decent insurance and a serviceable set of brass knuckles. No worries.

...and had a blast with them, her brother Barry L, and Audio Bill and his wife. We also hung out with FA and her husband in Chicago a couple years ago (you were traveling or some such sad excuse :-)). We were also with Audio Bill and his wife in NOLA last March.

I'm really comfortable in Philly, so brass knuckles won't be needed. That's why they issue gun carrying permits.

ForeverAutumn
01-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Y'all are too kind. :) I'm blushing.

Canadians don't have guns or brass knuckles. We're peace mongerers, you know. Just like the Canadian Military, I'll rely on my American friends for protection. :D

As for getting together, we also had a blast with Mr. Midfi and his wife and were very sorry that they had to leave us to go see American Idiot. I would have liked to have spent some more time together but it was great to meet them, even if just for a short dinner. I can assure both of you (Swish and Midfi) that the two of you (and spouses) would hit it off! We need to plan another group trip.

Mr. M...nice to hear that you're home from your latest jaunt safe and sound. Can't wait to see pics.

Mr MidFi
01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Mr. M...nice to hear that you're home from your latest jaunt safe and sound. Can't wait to see pics.

We are currently suffering the worst jet-lag ever recorded in humans, and there's a ton of work awaiting. But yeah, it was a hell of an adventure. I'll send you a link to pix once we get around to editing & posting them. Good times...

Mr MidFi
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
...and had a blast with them, her brother Barry L, and Audio Bill and his wife. We also hung out with FA and her husband in Chicago a couple years ago (you were traveling or some such sad excuse :-)). We were also with Audio Bill and his wife in NOLA last March.

I'm really comfortable in Philly, so brass knuckles won't be needed. That's why they issue gun carrying permits.

Quick question, Swish-daddy... my wife says she hasn't seen the EP link in her inbox yet.I'd like her to double-check. When did you receive it, and from whom?

Swish
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Quick question, Swish-daddy... my wife says she hasn't seen the EP link in her inbox yet.I'd like her to double-check. When did you receive it, and from whom?

...and I did what they said; e-mailed them 6 days later to tell them I received nothing:

Congratulations! Each ticket you ordered includes a digital version of “Break It Yourself” (due out March 6) and two unreleased live EPs! You will receive an email in the next 3-5 days with instructions on how to redeem your content. If you do not receive an email after 5 days, please contact our fulfillment partner at downloads@musictoday.com Please make sure to check your spam folder. For more information about the Break It Yourself ticket/album program please visit andrewbird.net and read the FAQ.

They replied and I got the link and was able to download the EP.

Let me know if you still have trouble. I can always e-mail them to you (or anyone else) if you PM me.

Mr MidFi
01-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Much obliged, Swish... I'll look into it today.

Mr MidFi
01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Mini-review of 5-song live ep...
Fairly interesting, glad to have it, but really for fans only. Especially if you already have his iTunes session, or a decent boot. Sonics aren't half bad, considering the run-of-the-mill specs (256kps mp3).

Sounds to me like they wanted ticket-purchasers to understand what to expect when they go to the show (i.e., not exactly the same versions of songs as the album tracks they're used to). Which isn't a bad idea, really.

Thanks again, Swish.