Axiom speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Axiom speakers

dkrhovsky
04-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm looking to replace my 10+ year old B&W DM1800 front speakers in my home theater system. Thinking about using Axioms. The room is 12x16. Other equipment includes Denon AVR 3805 receiver, Denon DVD 2200, Gateway 42" Ultrabrite Plasma TV. Center channel is Mission, surrounds are Speakercraft in wall. I would be interested in your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks in advance!

paul_pci
04-15-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm looking to replace my 10+ year old B&W DM1800 front speakers in my home theater system. Thinking about using Axioms. The room is 12x16. Other equipment includes Denon AVR 3805 receiver, Denon DVD 2200, Gateway 42" Ultrabrite Plasma TV. Center channel is Mission, surrounds are Speakercraft in wall. I would be interested in your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Including your budget will result in useful feedback.

RGA
04-15-2004, 08:23 PM
You've listened to them right? Not just reading reviews right? They get good initial reviews - some like them - some who have owned them for a while - not so much. Trouble with initial reviews is that they review em for short periods of time.

Go listen...if high end deaelrs don't carry them maybe there is a reason? http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=speakers&n=156829&review=1 A follow up discussion at bottom of the link.

They seem to get compared to Paradigm a lot. Some say pretty much the same but cheaper - so that's good...but only if you like Paradigm I suppose.

dkrhovsky
04-16-2004, 11:07 AM
I would like to stay in the $1000 to $1500 range for the pair.

3db
04-16-2004, 11:22 AM
I have heard the Axiom Mti60s and Mti80s before they went internet only and they are good speakers. I Awesome imaging and a detailed sounstage is their greatest strengths..

Haoleb
04-16-2004, 03:09 PM
The reason axiom speakers arent sold at dealers is because they choose not to! There are NO dealers anymore, because axiom prefers to deal direct.

I dont believe the part about the inital liking them but growing old, umm... I own the M80's and i have had them for over a year and i feel the same way about them now that i did the week i got them, most of the owners DO feel that way. Am i basied? duh. The M80's are quite a bit better than the M3's. I have read that post at AA when it first started, for some people axioms are NOT the sound they want, but for most of the owners they have been very pleased.

Spend some time at the axiom message boards where people that actually own the speakers can give you some advice. Theres also going to be a post about the "axiom factory tour" that one of the board members is making, it should be posted by this weekend.

Nich
04-17-2004, 07:23 AM
You've listened to them right? Not just reading reviews right? They get good initial reviews - some like them - some who have owned them for a while - not so much. Trouble with initial reviews is that they review em for short periods of time.

Go listen...if high end deaelrs don't carry them maybe there is a reason? http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=speakers&n=156829&review=1 A follow up discussion at bottom of the link.

They seem to get compared to Paradigm a lot. Some say pretty much the same but cheaper - so that's good...but only if you like Paradigm I suppose.

I was a bit skeptic about the Axioms when I first started. I read all the reviews on this site and other sites. All I know is most of them are accurate. I thought I will end up returning them but I love them. So far I only own them for only 1 1/2 months but can't stop listening to them. Thats how good they are.(M60ti)

Some people say they sound like Paradigm studios; some say the B&W 703's; I say it sounds like the Energy Veritas 2.2. I would definitly audition these speakers mention above before you commit to Axioms.