Ra Ra Riot Wed. night, Ryan Adams Friday night. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ra Ra Riot Wed. night, Ryan Adams Friday night.

Swish
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I liked a few things I've heard from Ra Ra Riot, especially their first offering, and EP from about 4 years ago. I heard they do a nice live show, so that should be fun, especially at the 'largest brew pub in the USA', known locally as the Appalachian Brewing Company.

Friday night is what I'm looking forward to though. We have some great seats, buying during the 'pre-sale' for members only, although there's not a bad seat at the Kimmel Center in Philly.

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
I am dark green with raging jealousy over the Ryan Adams show. Let's hope the weather cooperates...no more freak snow storms!

Finch Platte
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
All I can say is, it's a good thing Adams isn't playing at the brewing company.

audiobill
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Man, you are having all the fun down there in southern PA!! Brewpub & RA - we northerners are missing out!!

Btw., what is your favourite Ryan Adams album? Ok - favourite two albums?

Every so often, I find I will have my ipod on shuffle and I will hear a song that catches my interest and that I don't think I know and, I must say, 4 out of 5 times it's a Ryan Adams song. I can't get enough of his music.

Mine would have to be Heartbreaker and Cold Roses (Rock & Roll/Cardinology a tie for third place).

Swish
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Man, you are having all the fun down there in southern PA!! Brewpub & RA - we northerners are missing out!!

Btw., what is your favourite Ryan Adams album? Ok - favourite two albums?

Every so often, I find I will have my ipod on shuffle and I will hear a song that catches my interest and that I don't think I know and, I must say, 4 out of 5 times it's a Ryan Adams song. I can't get enough of his music.

Mine would have to be Heartbreaker and Cold Roses (Rock & Roll/Cardinology a tie for third place).

...was fantastic. I asked our waitress to start an I.V. of it for me, but she declined. Beeyotch!

The one Ryan Adams record you need is Heartbreaker. It's far and above anything else he's done, with the likes of Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welsh, David Rawlings and Pat Sansone helping out. That's really the only solo record of his that I can fully recommend, although some of his earlier stuff with Whiskeytown is stellar (Strangers Almanac most notably) and his latter stuff with The Cardinals as his backing band (Cold Roses is a double and pretty fine).

I have another show coming up in January. Cracker with Camper Van Beethoven opening. Should be a lot of fun too!

Hope you're doing well buddy!

ForeverAutumn
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice choices Bill. And good to see you around here. :) I don't have all of Adams' disks but I have, and enjoy, Heartbreaker and Cold Roses. His new one is on my Christmas list so I'll have to wait a few more weeks to enjoy it.

Swish
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Nice choices Bill. And good to see you around here. :) I don't have all of Adams' disks but I have, and enjoy, Heartbreaker and Cold Roses. His new one is on my Christmas list so I'll have to wait a few more weeks to enjoy it.

Waiting....

ForeverAutumn
12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
It looks like we posted at the same time. I didn't even see that you responded until just now. At least we're all in agreement. :yesnod:

Swish
12-03-2011, 07:51 AM
It looks like we posted at the same time. I didn't even see that you responded until just now. At least we're all in agreement. :yesnod:

...Swish is shaping your taste in music. Now if I can just wean you off the prog my mission would be complete.

ForeverAutumn
12-03-2011, 08:24 AM
...Swish is shaping your taste in music. Now if I can just wean you off the prog my mission would be complete.

Well, I do have to admit that every time I buy a CD I first think to myself, "what would Swish do?".

Then I do the opposite.

:p