Troy's Garage Band Disc: Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Troy's Garage Band Disc: Review

mad rhetorik
04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
This are some interesting compositions going on here, Troy. I'd definitely like to try using this program to see what I can make, though I probably should have a keyboard as well.

Oh, yeah...the music is generally quite good! Sort of a combination of fusion, trip-hop, ambient, and maybe a little IDM going on in there too. I'll break it down song by song:

1. Klaxon Dance: Creepy and downtempo. Love the minor-key piano and eerie synth sounds. Establishes a dark ambience, which is my cup of tea when it comes to electronic music.
2. Doppelganger: Trip-hoppy and menacing. Sounds like it could be the backdrop to a cyberpunk sci-fi flick.
3. Fangs: Another dark track with some weird honking synths and random drums.
4. Morocco Mole: MY FAVORITE TRACK. Establishes a cool Arabian atmosphere, and it's got some jazzy drums in there to boot.
5. Bellybutton: Neat tom rhythms juxtaposed with big beats and zapping synth sounds.
6. Heliotrope: Soothing piano track in opening, giving way in the middle to upbeat synths and cymbal crashes.
7. Frilly Cuffs: Ehh...a little schmaltzy. New Age-y sounding. Not my thing.
8. Vitamin J: Starts out ambient, and slowly progresses into something interesting. Dig the woodwind sound and the "hovering bassline" that comes in at about 2:30.
9. Tracker: Very interesting. Pulsing beats and percussion. The beats get heavier and more metallic around 2:30.
10. Skywriting: Guitar-ish synths, crashing cymbals, and piano. Some good rhythms, though not the best.
11. The Corrective Shoe March: Great Zappa-esque title. Starts out soft and slowly increases in volume and intensity as it advances, though it departs with some tinny synths at the end.

I thought the first four tracks were the best, with Morocco Mole being the fave. Sound quality is fine. All in all, good job Troy. : )

D-DAY
04-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Instead of wasting our time with a lame tournament of bands and musicians you are now trying to act like a big boy and play music reviewer. Man, you are sad! I thought I gave you good advice and explained to you that its time you got a life and stopped being a burger flipper. You really should listen to me because I have your best interests and try not to get to mad because people with your condition are known to mess themselves when upset. Have a nice evening freak.

P.S.
GET A LIFE AND LEARN WHAT GOOD MUSIC IS

newtrix1
04-15-2004, 05:26 PM
who left the back door open?

mad rhetorik
04-15-2004, 05:38 PM
who left the back door open?

Not to worry. Based on the content of his posts in General and timing of posts, I think I know who my "anonymous" detractor is.

D-DAY
04-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Not to worry. Based on the content of his posts in General and timing of posts, I think I know who my "anonymous" detractor is.

What the hell are you talking about? I mean I am flattered that you seem to have a crush on me but unfrotunately I don't swing that way. It is nice however that you have a bodyguard or something with these people who come to your aid. Sad. Oh by the way I am calling your bluff...who am I?

mad rhetorik
04-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh by the way I am calling your bluff...who am I?

Nah, I won't embarass you like that. Check your Private Messages.

D-DAY
04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Why do you pretend to know me?Cant you just accept I bring spine to this board? Or are you just jelous? WTF man?

Troy
04-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the comments Mad. Morocco Mole does seem to be the winner with most people.