Fishing Seasons Over [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Seasons Over

manlystanley
11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
So, I'm putting up my fishing poles for the season. Getting too cold out there. Caught lots of: Perch, Cat Fish, and Rock Fish. Last week caught two cat fish: 22 and 23 inches. I gave the 23 incher away to my fishing buddy (he got skunked). But here is the fish I brought home, with my two little girls AS PROOF that I did not just steal the picture off the net.

The cat fishs bones went swimming in fish soup this weekend. The filets are paitently waiting in my freezer... Cat fish live for about 10 hours out of the water. So, this cat fish was still alive when the picture was taken.

Also, my girls would pet his head and the fish would raise it's dorsal fin. The girls yelled: He likes to be petted!!! Kids are so funny.

It makes me so happy to get the young 'ens off of rice and beans for a few days......

http://forums.audioreview.com/members/manlystanley/albums/various-stuff/37-fish-2011/

Best Regards,
Stan

Hyfi
11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
So, I'm putting up my fishing poles for the season. Getting too cold out there. Caught lots of: Perch, Cat Fish, and Rock Fish. Last week caught two cat fish: 22 and 23 inches. I gave the 23 incher away to my fishing buddy (he got skunked). But here is the fish I brought home, with my two little girls AS PROOF that I did not just steal the picture off the net.

The cat fishs bones went swimming in fish soup this weekend. The filets are paitently waiting in my freezer... Cat fish live for about 10 hours out of the water. So, this cat fish was still alive when the picture was taken.

Also, my girls would pet his head and the fish would raise it's dorsal fin. The girls yelled: He likes to be petted!!! Kids are so funny.

It makes me so happy to get the young 'ens off of rice and beans for a few days......

http://forums.audioreview.com/members/manlystanley/albums/various-stuff/37-fish-2011/

Best Regards,
Stan

I had Rockfish for the first time while in Seattle a few months ago. I think I will order it anytime I see it on a menu again. Fantastic!

ForeverAutumn
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Your girls are beautiful. But that's one ugly fish.

manlystanley
11-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Your girls are beautiful. But that's one ugly fish.

We are in agreement about my girls being beautiful! But, beyond that, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Two weeks ago, I had two large cat fish break lines. I was so upset that I almost jumped in after them.......

When I landed these beauties I felt like kissing them......... :wink5:

Best Regards,
Stan

Worf101
11-22-2011, 05:46 AM
You know it's funny, but before I had "Da Knucklehead" I really didn't pay much attention to kids one way or the other they were mostly annoyances. Becoming a dad totally changed my perspective. I LOVE kids, babies, young adults (at least those that aren't spoiled brats), boys, girls.... you name it. Babies are usually fascinated by me (I think it's the large, dark and grey bearded thing). They usually have one of two reactions absolute joy and curiousty or abject terror!!!! LOL!!!! Your kids are cute, the girls look sweet and thanks for sharing. HOWEVER I can't find the fish pic anywheres!!!! Sob...

Worf

GOD ALMIGHTY It sucks getting old. I found the fish!!! Too busy loolkin' at the smiling kids!!! What an eeeeeediot!!! LOL!!!!

manlystanley
11-22-2011, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=Worf101;372519]They usually have one of two reactions absolute joy and curiousty or abject terror!!!! /QUOTE]

Ah yes. What is it when guys get old, we all get the same set of reactions from young children. At least were not ignored. That would be worst of all!!

Best Regards,
Stan

ForeverAutumn
11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I saw this story (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-catches-881-pound-tuna-seized-feds-194650751.html) on Yahoo and though of you Stanley.

manlystanley
11-29-2011, 04:37 AM
I saw this story (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-catches-881-pound-tuna-seized-feds-194650751.html) on Yahoo and though of you Stanley.

I saw that too. Thanks for thinking of me. I don't know what I'd do with a 861 pound tuna.....

Best Regards,
Stan

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2011, 06:31 AM
I'd break out the rice and have a sushi party!