I love catalogs! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I love catalogs!

JohnMichael
11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
The 2012 MusicDirect catalog arrived yesterday. There is a new Luxman turntable that looks awesome for a cool $6,400. Music Fidelity's new phono preamp is listed as is the update of their budget preamp. I am currently dreaming of the Avid Diva turntable. I thought I might see a new RP5 since the older model is being discounted.

Several nice Esoteric cd players as well as Marantz Reference series. They have the Rega Apollo priced at $699. Makes me wonder if I may not need another cd player. New mono blocks from Carver using tubes.

Lovely speakers from Focal especially the Electra S series. They also have several lines of Wharfedale speakers but none of their concentrics. They also have the Epic 1, 2, and 3 all of which I would like to hear.

Sadly no new or exciting Rega tweaks. They do have the upgraded Funk Firm Achroplat. I may call for information about it but at $295 I doubt I will ever buy it.

Just wanted to share the fun. Now to keep the credit cards in my wallet.

frenchmon
11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah I got mine Friday. Its a great magazine. Good old eye candy....and no drinking while your CC is your wallet and browsing that magazine.

JohnMichael
11-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah I got mine Friday. Its a great magazine. Good old eye candy....and no drinking while your CC is your wallet and browsing that magazine.

LOL Good advice. My system is sounding so good these days not much tempts me. Any further improvements would require a larger room. Ever since my last cable selection I am sure I have everything working it's best.

Now the Canon 60 mm macro lens that would be equivalent to 96 mm on the 50D is in danger of being delivered. Surprised it did not order itself after several Kir Royales. If I buy it before 11/23 I can save $40.

frenchmon
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
LOL....well you may just have to treat your self to a nice holiday gift. I suppose this may be the year I treat my self to a nice SLR camera....

Cheers...

Worf101
11-22-2011, 05:32 AM
I'm a bit lower down the food chain, though there are some big ticket items in my fave catalog as well. I get Audio Advisor's catalog about 4 to 6 times a year. Lots of stuff I can't afford to buy but boy do I love lookin' at it.

Worf

JohnMichael
11-22-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm a bit lower down the food chain, though there are some big ticket items in my fave catalog as well. I get Audio Advisor's catalog about 4 to 6 times a year. Lots of stuff I can't afford to buy but boy do I love lookin' at it.

Worf

You will get a nice raise when your son graduates college. Then you and your wife can enjoy some nice things along with knowing you gave your son a great start.

JohnMichael
11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Well I ordered the Canon 60mm macro lens since the price was reduced. The discount covered the UV filter and lens shade and free shipping with no sales tax. My dog really wanted me to have it and now I need to find something for him.

frenchmon
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Cool....1 question....were you drinking? LOL! Just kidding JM, but you know I had to tease ya.

I try and treat my self around the holidays as well. Enjoy the holiday season my man.

JohnMichael
11-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Cool....1 question....were you drinking? LOL! Just kidding JM, but you know I had to tease ya.

I try and treat my self around the holidays as well. Enjoy the holiday season my man.

It was the B&H Photo Vidio catalog to blame. Yes I had a glass of wine but when I blew into my computers breathalyzer I was okay to order. It will be here Friday. I can take some nice close-ups of audio gear.