Once Upon A Time [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time

Kam
11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm one episode behind, mainly because I like watching in batches after having Mad Men and Breaking Bad marathons on Netflix to catch up to the current seasons, but this series has really grown on me. I liked the pilot enough to keep on recording the other episodes and I'm glad. It picked up immensely with the second episode and had a fantastic close to that one that lead right into the third.

Those Lost writers are sure building up quite the track record.

Anyone else tuning in?

JohnMichael
11-15-2011, 01:34 PM
I have watched every episode. One of the beat fantasy shows I have seen in a long while. I enjoy the story lines of the past with the current happenings. Well written and acted so I am afraid it will not last. Shows that hold my interest and are clever usually do not last. I hope this one continues.

GMichael
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I've been enjoying it too. It good family entertainment with something for everyone. Some of the writers from LOST are doing the writing for this show. The stories are intersting with a little twist. I was shocked to see Cindy's Godmother go up in a puff of smoke.
And there is no shortage of hotties on this show. Can't wait for Lil Red's story.

Kam
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping right there with you, John!
It's been picked up for the full season so they've had enough viewers with the first few episodes for ABC to commit to at least one season. Now they'll crunch their numbers and eschew all manners of taste to justify if it'll deserve a second season. Shows nowadays have to produce and produce immediately or they get shut down. It seems, sadly, that there is no such thing as word of mouth any more. Even in this instant information age, by the time word of mouth gets around, the show has been cancelled.

Fingers crossed for Once Upon a Time though, or more appropriately, wishing upon that falling star!

JohnMichael
11-15-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been enjoying it too. It good family entertainment with something for everyone. Some of the writers from LOST are doing the writing for this show. The stories are intersting with a little twist. I was shocked to see Cindy's Godmother go up in a puff of smoke.
And there is no shortage of hotties on this show. Can't wait for Lil Red's story.

Yes the Prince has his charms.

kexodusc
11-15-2011, 05:25 PM
My wife and I are hooked.

GMichael
11-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Yes the Prince has his charms.

He does have a nice smile. His butt is a little flat for my tastes though. I like them rounder.

Kam
11-16-2011, 05:51 AM
He does have a nice smile. His butt is a little flat for my tastes though. I like them rounder.

Snow White's prince charming or Ella's prince charming?

I'm looking forward to the beauty and the beast story being worked in.

And Robert Carlysle is killing it with Rumpelstiltskin.

Kam
11-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Never heard of it? Where, when and who please?

Worf

ABC, sunday nights, and ginnifer goodwin and robert carlyle are probably the two biggest names on the cast. until the mofos cast me in it, of course. :D :D :D

Worf101
11-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Never heard of it? Where, when and who please?

Worf

GMichael
11-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Another time shift?

kexodusc
11-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow Kex, you called that one!

That's nothing GM I bet another one happens any second now...

ForeverAutumn
11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm watching episode 5 now and it looks pretty good. I'd like to watch it from the beginning, but I can only find episodes 3 and 4 available. The videos on the ABC site aren't available in Canada and either is Hulu. The Canadian network, CTV, appears to only have 3 and 4 available. :( Buggers.

They just used an Apollo bar in the show. :D

Kam
12-14-2011, 07:39 AM
That last reply was unintentionally hilarious. I was looking at my inbox notification really wondering what link/picture/something I was missing to get the reference of Nuns, African society and high school girls to Once Upon a Time. And I had thought Lost was complex!

GMichael
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by GMichael
Wow Kex, you called that one!

That's nothing GM I bet another one happens any second now...

I was late to the party...:arf: