New member post padding thread.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New member post padding thread....

GMichael
11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I have seen a few new members get frustrated over the post minimums we have here. These minimums are needed to keep out spammers. To help alleviate some of the frustration, I propose that we keep this thread going so that new members can come here and get in the posts they need to ask questions or post pictures.

What say our moderators?

Glen B
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
What is to prevent spammers from doing the same ? We were all newcomers at one time and dealt with the limitations until we had enough (quality) posts.

GMichael
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
It stops the bots that don't make posts. Other spammers would just post nonsense in any thread that came along to get to 5. I've seen this type of thread on several other sights and thought we could use one. The mods are welcome to lock it if they disagree. My feelings won't be hurt.

dkim
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
i think thats a good idea...especially bc i'm new and i have no idea where to post or what to say...

StevenSurprenant
11-15-2011, 05:55 AM
While we're talking...

I think that a great feature would be to allow a member to block posts from their view from members that aggravate them "AND" to block the the offending member from seeing their posts. This could have the potential of reducing flame wars. Of course, this would have no effect on what others would see.

It's just a thought...

GMichael
11-15-2011, 06:11 AM
While we're talking...

I think that a great feature would be to allow a member to block posts from their view from members that aggravate them "AND" to block the the offending member from seeing their posts. This could have the potential of reducing flame wars. Of course, this would have no effect on what others would see.

It's just a thought...

You can go into your own profile and block your view of others' posts. I don't think that you can do the reverse. Then again, if you can't see ther reply, who cares?

Edit: Hmmm.... I couldn't find it. There used to be a button to click on to block posts from other posters, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it got lost in the shuffle when the new look came about. Or maybe I just couldn't find it?
Mods?

StevenSurprenant
11-15-2011, 06:31 AM
You can go into your own profile and block your view of others' posts. I don't think that you can do the reverse. Then again, if you can't see ther reply, who cares?

I saw that, but I was unsure how it worked. I guess that I was thinking of something a little more sophisticated.

For example, there are members that who generally make decent posts, but at times, and in certain threads go on the war path defaming another member. It would be nice to just block them just in that particular thread rather than block them globally (or both). Blocking it both ways would end the conflict and the other members wouldn't be subjected to the ongoing bickering.

An example how this would be helpful would be the wire arguments that caused such a stir many years ago. That way, the people who would have wanted to talk about wires could have a peaceful discussion without the thread being polluted with naysayers.

Like I said, it was just a thought.

Thanks anyway.

Mash
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I remember the wire wars. I got tired of reading silly nonsense about wires so I avoided, & still avoid, wires.

I suppose one could, perhaps even should, permit people to indulge their delusions, but how does this help them to develop their hobby? They spend a lot of money on exotic wires and then one day they learn that it was a waste. Should they still like us?

Granted, we all waste money from time to time, but do we meet our obligations to help those with less knowlege if we sit quietly and let misinformation flow by? Some people do get hurt feelings but whose fault is that?

One of my favorites were those mini-telephone poles that hold your wires up off of the floor. I have forgotten the supposed benefit, but the real reason power lines usually hang up in the air is so that the power company can push about 20% more power through those uninsulated wires when compared to comparable insulated and buried power lines. Air cooling, and all that. But the buried insulated lines do look nicer, even though insulation has a finite life and that life is shorter at 14,400 volts than it is at 120 volts.

ursus262
12-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Hello, I am new here, and this is Post No 1

ursus262
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
...... and this is post no 2

ursus262
12-06-2011, 09:20 AM
......No 3

ursus262
12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Cough..... no 4

:12:

ursus262
12-06-2011, 09:22 AM
:21:

and finally.... No 5!

RFT
12-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello,

I think this thread is a great idea. I am new here and I am not a spammer. But I am also pretty new to the audio world so I have a hard time posting on other threads since I don't have any knowledge to share (yet).

At any rate, I am about to purchase my first HT system and this site looks very promising to get sound advise (pun intended).

Thanks for keeping this forum alive . . .

szjon
12-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Hat tip to the guy that thought of this thread. :3:

szjon
12-24-2011, 06:55 PM
copy pasta no good

szjon
12-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Merry xmas

szjon
12-24-2011, 06:56 PM
where is my profile pic?

szjon
12-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Ok, I should be done here.

Still no chuffing pic though. Life is cruel. :19:

szjon
12-24-2011, 07:07 PM
pic check

szjon
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
need more posts to post pics

szjon
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
2 more

szjon
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
waiting 30 seconds:prrr:

JoeE SP9
12-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi and welcome to all you new folks. Just remember that the opinions here range from strict objectivist (meter reader) to pure subjectivist (what my golden ears hear) and everything between.

GMichael
12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Hat tip to the guy that thought of this thread. :3:

Greenies to you....:thumbsup:

sound_seeker
12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Hello everybody here in this beautiful and helpful forum!

I'm new to sound and video systems. My bro is a DJ but he lives in a different country, and I'll been far from technical stuff for a while.

I read couple of threads and most of them were too technical to leave a post until I found I can do it here.

I have 4 speakers at my home right now and they are with me for the last 5 years I inherited them from my former roommate.

2 of them are Sanyo SX820 and the other 2 areJVC SK S44.

I believe the sub-woofers are working but some of the tweeters are blown off. I just got a multimeter to measure which speakers need to be replaced.

My question is

Which of these 2 sets is better? (I read the Sanyo were sold back in 1979) For some reason they make a better sound to me.

My receiver is also old - KENWOOD 105VR

My goals is to put those 4 speakers to work with a decent sound because I don't have much money to buy new speakers and receiver.

Thanks in advance!

p.s.
You can move my question if you think is not for this section of the forums. :wink5:

sound_seeker
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Nobody is willing to answer or I have to earn higher reputation here...? :rolleyes5:

GMichael
12-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Nobody is willing to answer or I have to earn higher reputation here...? :rolleyes5:

I don't think that anyone has experience with the model speakers you are asking about. In any case, the best speakers are the ones that sound best to you. There are too many different oppinions about types of speakers to say that one type is really any better than the rest.

JoeE SP9
12-28-2011, 05:00 PM

The speakers you are asking about are pretty much unknown here. First, they do not have sub woofers. They have woofers. A sub woofer is almost always in a separate box with it's own amplifier.
If the tweeters are blown your only option is replacing them. Please understand, 99% of the time when you blow tweeters it's because you don't have enough power. On the rare occasions when a woofer is blown it's because of too much power.

Your current speakers may not be worth repairung.

Where are you located? If you have access to Craig's List that may be your best resource for replacement speakers. With CL you need to have some knowledge of what you're looking for.

You can buy a pair of small bookshelf speakers and a powered sub woofer from Parts Express for around $200 that will shame your current speakers even if they were functioning properly.

BTW:That's my recommendation.

Mash
12-28-2011, 05:27 PM
I suggest you attend some ACOUSTIC concerts/recitals. You will remember REAL sound far longer that how one speaker sounds w/r/t another. Use that music to evaluate speakers.

And remember that headphones can cost a lot less than loudspeakers, but they aren't so great for blow-out parties.....

You may conclude that your speakers are dog-doo.... or maybe not.

Then determine your budget for repairs, or new speakers.

Then maybe we can help (confuse you...).

sound_seeker
12-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks a lot guys!
I am checking now Parts Express.

I just wanted to test my multimeter and it showed:
tweeters - 0Ω impedance (it says that tweeters are 12.5Ω)
mid-range - 6.5Ω (they are 8Ω)
woofer - 6.5Ω (it says on the back 8Ω)

Why tweeters are 12.5 when the other 2 speakers are 8Ω?

So I assume the tweeters are blown off.

Please understand, 99% of the time when you blow tweeters it's because you don't have enough power.

I don't understand this.:crazy: How come...?

Thanks in advance!

p.s.
I've been classical musician for more than 15 years, so plenty of ACOUSTIC concerts.
I just want to repair the speakers or buy new for my B-day party.

Erik Petersson
12-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Hi,
I'm also new to the forum, and I am looking for advice. My old stereo broke, and I am about to buy a new one, and I am looking for quality. But what is quality? I will for sure have many questions.

all the best and season's greetings
Erik
Stockholm, Sweden

Mash
12-29-2011, 04:19 AM
SS amps can put out high freq hash when they clip (run out of power) & this will fry the tweeter (all HF signal goes to tweeter). Tube amps do not share this trait. They go soft.

You are measuring DC resistance of woofers. The listed 8 ohms includes inductance seen by the audio signal.

Look inside the box to check for damping material- fibre glass or foam. Really inexpensive speakers often have no damping material, which is needed. More can be better.

Mash
12-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Good luck, Erik!

Go to enough acoustic (no amplified instruments) concerts/recitals (recitals are more intimate) and get the sound of the instruments in your ears.Then find the system(s) that can reproduce what you heard at those concerts/recitals. This will be far easier than comparing speakers, etc.

This approach will save you a lot of money in the end.

A high price only garantees you that you will spend more money. A low price may ultimately dissapoint you.

Beware the snob appeals.

Safe bets to get you started:
Magnepan MMG, 1.7, 3.7 Magnepan.com
Mackie HR824Mk2 Mackie.com
Jolida Jolida.com
Musical Fidelity
Velodyne
Samsung BluRay
OPPO 95, see OPPO Digital (com)

GMichael
12-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Safe bets to get you started:
Magnepan MMG,
Jolida
Musical Fidelity
Velodyne
Samsung BluRay

Hmmm..... A fine starter system I'd say. One that many would not need to upgrade from.

JoeE SP9
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks a lot guys!
I am checking now Parts Express.

I just wanted to test my multimeter and it showed:
tweeters - 0Ω impedance (it says that tweeters are 12.5Ω)
mid-range - 6.5Ω (they are 8Ω)
woofer - 6.5Ω (it says on the back 8Ω)

Why tweeters are 12.5 when the other 2 speakers are 8Ω?

So I assume the tweeters are blown off.

I don't understand this.:crazy: How come...?

Thanks in advance!

p.s.
I've been classical musician for more than 15 years, so plenty of ACOUSTIC concerts.
I just want to repair the speakers or buy new for my B-day party.

Tweeters blow because an amplifier is asked to deliver more power than it can. This causes a condition called clipping. The extreme high frequency content of a clipped signal overloads tweeters and burns out the voice coils.

When you have too much power the woofers will usually start bottoming out. This is easy to hear. It's so easy to hear that anyone who isn't drunk or unconscious will hear it and lower the volume.

Having too much power is a good thing.
Wattage/power ratings on speakers are essentially worthless.

The Ohm rating on a given speaker system is not directly related to the Ohm ratings on individual speakers in the box. If the tweeters give a ~12 Ohm reading the chances are they are not blown. A blown tweeter usually means either an open (infinite Ohms) reading or a short (zero Ohms).

Speakers, like just about almost anything can be repaired. The question is are they worth the time and money involved. Only you can answer that.

Check the two links below. One is for a pair of halfway decent small bookshelf's. The other is for a sub woofer. The whole setup is less than $200 including shipping.

IMO they are an improvement over what you're thinking of repairing.

Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair 300-652 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-652)

Dayton Audio SUB-80 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer 300-631 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-631)

spk984
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks to all the insight gathered from this site over the last few months I now have the ability to overwhelm my conscious with a potent dub step journey, ignite raw emotion with juxtaposition of kurt’s cold cries and Nirvana’s warm unplugged harmonies or delight in human ability as Bonobo pulls so pleasing a jazz melody from a cacophonic arrangement of notes... I now have an endless supply of crushes as I become smitten with another female indie singer/songwriter’s vulnerable delicate and intricate offering or when the mood strikes I connect with the father I deeply miss through Dylan wisdom. What a gift thank you for beginning my stereo schooling!

spk984
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Ignorance from inexperience combined with recent excitement of losing my mid-fi virginity finds me only confidant sharing my new found pleasure. So many questions and uncertainties arose while setting up my system that I am certain the wisdom of willing readers will redefine my notion of perfect. From my NAD 512 cd player I have the left output going to one NAD 712 receiver and the right output going to another NAD 712 receiver. One receiver powers a set of Tannoy Mercury M2 about a foot apart and the other receiver powers a set of Energy xl-25s about 8 ft over and 3 ft apart. Listener is faced with Tonnoys 45 degrees to the left and Energys 45 degrees to the right. Both receiver’s are set to mono. I have one receiver tape output going to a powered downward facing Jammo sub the other receiver’s tape output going to an Energy xl S8 powered sub (I only turn subs on for the occasional time bass heavy dub step is playing). On each receiver the second set of speaker terminals has a single wire connecting 1 positive terminal to the positive terminal of a Mission bookshelf speaker located behind listener. Mission speakers face opposing walls and have their negative terminals connected together. (somewhat according to NAD 712 manual’s advice for ambient additional speakers). I know my equipment is an eclectic array of inherited and craigslist derived deals and I completely ignored less is more philosophy but I am thrilled with the sound. Please enjoy a chuckle at the expense of my chaotic inexperience and if you have the time suggest improvements. My return to school limits funding for further purchases so set-up advice helps me currently more so.

mansueto
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I think this thread is a good idea...mainly because I am a new member and I have a legitimate question to ask regarding an issue I am having with my Yamaha RX-V2600 which has been ongoing for a few weeks! I've contacted Yamaha directly and they are absolutely useless lol.

spk984
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I forgot to mention I also have a set of keff q30's and cerwin vega v series (8” woofer + tweat) speakers that I could use instead. If worthwhile I could also switch one of my NAD 712 receivers for a Cyrus straightline integrated amp. I care far less for surround sound than stereo but also use the system for movies. I have Harmon Kardon receiver that could return if movie/t.v. has negative impact on stereo system. I realize a few high quality pieces are more worthwhile than so many mid-range pieces but besides cyrus and cerwin vega inherited component I spent under 500$ for all other items i mentioned so even a single higher quality piece was out of range.

spk984
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I understand spam reduction benefit of 5 posts requirement to start thread but I am not yet qualified to offer any advice. this thread is great thank you

spk984
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
this is last post required to move my lengthy question to its own thread

TheShawn
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Where's the best place to find info on somewhat vintage bookshelf speakers. I have a pair of NEC bookshelf speakers, 6.5 width 10 height and 5.5 deep that have a screw in fuse in the back. No model numbers on them, purchased in 1993 from a Goodwill store for $5 each. Sound real nice but can find no info anywhere on them.

TheShawn
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok post # 6

TheShawn
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Will be rooting for the Bengals this weekend

TheShawn
01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
You know what I think?....that's what I thought.

JoeE SP9
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
TheShawn;
The best place I know of for information on vintage gear and speakers is www.audiokarma.org (http://www.audiokarma.org)

GMichael
01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
WTF is that?

TheShawn
01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks Joe, I'll check there.

I've been there before but not posted anything on the site.

TheShawn
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
10? uh oh

stbpope
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Hey guys I am having a problem witht his reciever i bought second hand and it works great when it works when i first start up the sound will cut off still allowing video to pass through then sound may come back on by itself or takes some switching channels or turning off then turning on. I believe this is a cable issue but i cannot isolate the problem I have an xbox hi def satelite and a ps3 please help vary frustrating it does on all channels like it is not recieving or sending audio. It will not even send test tones in gui mode. I have searched google for solutions but no luck

crsrt
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Im new here

crsrt
01-25-2012, 01:37 PM
anyone know how to get specs , specificaly wpc on a technics su-v77, and a rare concord cr-260 and lastely a Akai am- a3, thanks

crsrt
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
is there product reviews here to get specs from

thehifiguy
01-27-2012, 11:05 AM
My second post.

Only three more posts before I can ask a question.

:sosp:

shaothewise
01-29-2012, 09:17 PM
New here. Great site.

shaothewise
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Post 2. Love the reviews.

shaothewise
01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
2more posts to ask questions

shaothewise
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Trying to decide on HT setup.

shaothewise
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Post 5. Off to the proper section to gain information. Thanks

drytech
02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

drytech
02-06-2012, 04:01 AM
helloooooooo

drytech
02-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Nice Threat

Reck1e5s
02-09-2012, 10:16 AM
testing 1

Reck1e5s
02-09-2012, 10:17 AM
:0: testing 2

Reck1e5s
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
testing 3

Reck1e5s
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
testin 4 oh noes.. only one more..to go

Reck1e5s
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
testing 5 down the rabbit hole i go.

jet fixer
02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Idea I came to learn about whats new

jet fixer
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
And see if my system is still viable

jet fixer
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I wanted to post an upgrade ? post

jet fixer
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
And learn more about smart TV's

jet fixer
02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
and now I can because I just posted five times

See ya in the home theater section

dadmaster
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
newbie here, and I have no qualms observing the rules. after all whats to stop spammers?
spam! but I don't like spam!
spam egg bacon spam and spam.

dadmaster
02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Spam? I hate spam.
egg spam egg bacon spam and egg.
spam spam spam and egg bacon spam and spam

dadmaster
02-10-2012, 10:21 PM
lovley spam
Im hate spam
now I ask you, egg? spam?

longislandcorey
02-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Hi guys,
I'm obviously a newbie and I'm trying to pick up where I left off.
Anyway, I have an old Elac Miracord 50H. It's turning pretty slow. Any chance of reviving and how much is the damage including the cartridge. Thanx in advnce

tricott
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
1 first on here

tricott
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
already posted omg 30 second wait this is stupid

tricott
02-15-2012, 06:31 PM
2 more to go this one included

tricott
02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
ok finally last one of the first 5

Dutchy
02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi all,

Just registered because I have some questions concerning speakers.

[Time to go to my second post]

Dutchy
02-16-2012, 10:53 AM
At the moment I listen to a set Quad 22L, driven by a renewed and modified Quad 33/303. The sound of the 22L's is one word: brilliant! BUT...

[Time to go to 3]

Dutchy
02-16-2012, 10:59 AM
...I'm longing for a more dynamic soundstage, three dimensional, holographic, a YOU ARE THERE experience because the speakers diasappeared.

[On to 4]

Dutchy
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
After a while of researching reviews, articles and so, as well as listening to some speakers, I discovered that standmount speakers (monitors, bookshelves) could be the solution.

[On to 5]

Dutchy
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Now there are a lot of brands producing high-end standmount speakers. And each set of speakers has its own charateristics - musical, analytical, emotional, refined and so on. Interesting brands for me: Sonus Faber, Xavian, JM Lab, Diapason, Master Three and Reference 3A.

Somehow I'm most fascinated by 'classic' models of Reference 3a: Royal Master, Studio Master, Master Control MMC and MM De Capo. In the next weeks I have a chance to listen to the first three mentioned.

Therefor I would welcome opinions and advices concerning Reference 3A speakers. Please share your experience!

Besides I'm open to any suggestion about speakers that excel in dynamic, 3D, holographic sound.

Please be invited in my search for the best disappearing speakers.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

bobsticks
02-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Dutchy,

Now that you're here and official and all that good stuff I recommend that you start a thread in the Speaker column...also a little more info would be good, perhaps a few words on your source and the dimensions of your room.

Welcome to the forums!

--sticks

Rake
02-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Okay, so I'm the new guy and I guess I've got to get my post count up so I can ask about the new (and first) sub I'm looking to purchase...

Hello all!

Rake
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Now that you're here and official and all that good stuff I recommend that you start a thread in the Speaker column...also a little more info would be good, perhaps a few words on your source and the dimensions of your room.

I plan to do so just as soon as my post count reaches 5

Rake
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
So, I've been researching subs and there's just wayyy too much stuff on the 'net...

Rake
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
and thought I'd find a forum so I can ask some questions...

Rake
02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
and now I'm at five so I'm off to the Speakers forum

draco
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
post #2

draco
02-18-2012, 09:45 PM
post #3

draco
02-18-2012, 09:45 PM
post #4 (ok, waiting 30 seconds)

draco
02-18-2012, 09:46 PM
post #5 :5:

sturgus
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Just would like to say hello to all. I have had this obsession for years and it never gets any better.Always looking to learn new things, and maybe meeting some guys in my area. ( ST.LOUIS )

Kapow87
02-25-2012, 04:01 AM
Hey people, one of the new guys here. =D

Kapow87
02-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Just thought I'd pop in and post a few...

Kapow87
02-25-2012, 04:02 AM
That way I get to post #5...

Kapow87
02-25-2012, 04:03 AM
So I can actually post my questions in the correct thread.

Kapow87
02-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Sweetness! I think that's five posts. Now off to the Amps section, haha.

BWhite
03-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi guys im new , nice to meet you.

GMichael
03-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Hi guys im new , nice to meet you.

Hi,

Welcome to AR.

JohnMichael
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Welcome to all new members.

Rmac58
03-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone, new guy here, looking forward to the forums.

drache
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Oooh ooh! How about posts in the form of Haiku?

Fish in gleaming stream
Dreams of lakes beyond your wall
Groove fish Bass watches

(I didn't say they would be good Haiku's)

Mash
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Connect new speakers
Hear great sound
Move new speakers
Hear better sound
Drop new speaker
Hear bad sound

JohnMichael
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Connect new speakers
Hear great sound
Move new speakers
Hear better sound
Drop new speaker
Hear bad sound

Too many syllables for Haiku but looking forward to your next poem.

drache
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I love it :D This is how most of my E-Mail threads go too!

Buy new speaker set!
Good, but now need a new amp,
Where is my money?

drache
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Most Haiku's are 5-7-5 for syllables, though sometimes if it's slang or you read fast it comes out slightly different. (or if you're fluent in bad English, like me, what ever.)

drache
03-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Music, sounds and beats
preferences, ourselves alone
brought together here

drache
03-12-2012, 01:04 AM
The count may be five
Awaiting new threads, knowledge
Ciao for now new friends

Amarand
03-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Greenies! My dogs love Greenies. But I guess you probably mean...the little green tags under the signature? Here's my...third post. Almost at five. :)

Enochrome
03-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Ask a gear question bro!

MamboKing
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Yo guys!
Nice to meet you!

GMichael
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
I am very happy to see that this thread is getting a little use. Welcome to all. Hope you stick around even after your questions are answered. We have quite a diverse group here. Join the family.:thumbsup:

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Hello :) I just join for getting my first 5 posts here.

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Best regards from North Carolina

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok a quote:
"Without music life would be an error"
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
one more post :)

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
and yeah here we go :)

02audionoob
03-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I think maybe I'll pad my post count, too. This is me, "calibrating" my Shure SFG-2 gauge.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6688289739_114a15beb3.jpg

02audionoob
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
This is me, showing someone where my cartridge sits on a Rega tonearm.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7173/6527129831_ff2f7832c6.jpg

GMichael
03-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Afraid that you don't have enough posts?

Nice pics. Did you put them in the Analog section (or whatever it's called) too? I bet you'd get several replies.

mo95c
03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site

mo95c
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I have to get my post count up

mo95c
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
This thread definitely helps

mo95c
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I wish they all sites would do this

mo95c
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
And this will do it, Thanks

old geezer
04-13-2012, 08:13 AM
I tried to pad my posts so I could start a topic,but looks like that was all deleted as were the changes to my system I made on my profile. So **** this place and goodby ******* moderators wherever you are.

vice67
04-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Hello, I am new here, and this is Post No 1,

JohnMichael
04-14-2012, 06:17 AM
I tried to pad my posts so I could start a topic,but looks like that was all deleted as were the changes to my system I made on my profile. So **** this place and goodby ******* moderators wherever you are.

Dearest Old,

All your posts are still in the threads where you posted them. Your equipment list is still in the equipment list shown on your profile. If you wanted it to appear in each post you need to make it part of your signature. Anything we can help you with please contact a ******moderator.

vice67
04-14-2012, 10:49 AM
2nd of 5

d-ray657
05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi folks. Love music and vintage gear, and I look forward to enjoying your site.

Regards,

D-Ray

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Wonder

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Roentgen

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Scintilla

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Carbonic

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Toadzilla

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Freedonia

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Waldo

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Array

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Yalta

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Lanthanide

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Morose

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Veritas

LeoFenderBender
05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Hamburger

bobsticks
05-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Freedonia

Leo,

At this point I'm quite concerned about the ethnic cleansing of the Zygons in Freedonia. Thoughts?

---sticks

JohnMichael
05-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Leo,

At this point I'm quite concerned about the ethnic cleansing of the Zygons in Freedonia. Thoughts?

---sticks

He listed one of his interests as wine and maybe last night things were very interesting?

LeoFenderBender
05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Leo,

---sticks

Zygons? Who? ;)

It is really easy to tell you all about it, it is Duck Soup if I may be allowed to say.

bobsticks
05-22-2012, 11:32 AM
(laughs and raises a toast)

Cheers to you, sir!

Mikeinkc
01-12-2013, 08:45 AM
New to this site and just wanted to ask a simple question. Now I need to post 5 times just to ask? Seems like you'll end up with more junk (like this post) just so people can use it.

ftlaud2004
04-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Hello , to all members

ftlaud2004
04-26-2013, 07:15 PM
i think this is stupid to have 5 posts , to become a member

ftlaud2004
04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
does this make my 3rd post?

ftlaud2004
04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
number 4 post

ftlaud2004
04-26-2013, 07:17 PM
5th post

bob r
05-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Hello to you and Welcome here they're our many here that can help with anything Audio