Panasonic TV problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TV problem

L.J.
11-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Picked up a Panny TC-L32C3 (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-L32C3-32-Inch-720p/dp/B004M8SBCK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320331741&sr=8-3) for my kids room. Only set it up a few days ago. Last night my kids tell me the TV is acting stupid. So here's the problem. Anything that should be displayed in words on the TV are missing. For instance, you can no longer see the volume numbers, anything from the settings menu, nothing. It just comes up as boxes but the writing is gone. Cant see the words at all. Can't see the words for which input your selecting or anything. Just a bunch of empty boxes that should contain the writing. Any thoughts? Or should I just box this sucker back up and get another one.

BTW, picture and everything else works fine if they're watching TV or playing games.

Woochifer
11-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Sounds like the TV isn't set up for English, or the correct font for displaying it isn't installed. You should look through the instruction manual and see what command sequence will get you to the language setting menu and see if an option for English comes up.

Otherwise, it sounds like a bug in the firmware and if the TV's under warranty or within the exchange period, you should definitely get another set. Or as a first resort, try calling Panasonic and see if there's a hard reset that you can do to try and get the menus to display properly.

L.J.
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Sounds like the TV isn't set up for English, or the correct font for displaying it isn't installed. You should look through the instruction manual and see what command sequence will get you to the language setting menu and see if an option for English comes up.

Otherwise, it sounds like a bug in the firmware and if the TV's under warranty or within the exchange period, you should definitely get another set. Or as a first resort, try calling Panasonic and see if there's a hard reset that you can do to try and get the menus to display properly.

Going back to Amazon tomorrow. Thank goodness it was still under a return period.