Missing Lucinda thanks to snow storm. I missed... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Missing Lucinda thanks to snow storm. I missed...

Swish
10-29-2011, 04:18 PM
...The National in August due to the flooding, and not Lucinda due to about 6+ inches of snow in October. WTF would think that's possible? I paid $140 for the two and got $50 by a quick fire sale on Craigslist. To say I'm disgusted is putting it mildly.

I have Matthew Sweet coming up on Thursday night and I'm going come hell or high water.

JohnMichael
10-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I am so sorry you are missing Lucinda Williams. I think I would have borrowed a half track to get to the concert. I have her live recording but must see her live one day. She is incredible and I feel your pain and will curse the weather.

ForeverAutumn
10-29-2011, 06:50 PM
So sorry to hear that you missed the show Swish. That sucks. But I'm glad to know that you're safe at home and not driving in dangerous conditions.

Swish
10-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I am so sorry you are missing Lucinda Williams. I think I would have borrowed a half track to get to the concert. I have her live recording but must see her live one day. She is incredible and I feel your pain and will curse the weather.

The first time was a 6 or 7 song set in NOLA at the Jazz Fest back in 2001, and the second was a nearby venue where she played a ton of tunes over the course of the show, and it was fantastic. That was about 2 years ago as I recall.

We were without power after returning to our home, but it came back on in the early evening. We lost it again this morning and it came back on about 15 minutes ago. The biggest problem with the early snow is that the trees haven't lost all their leaves yet, and the heavy, wet snow caused many branches to break off, knocking down power lines all over the northeast.