What, no Halloween comps this year? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What, no Halloween comps this year?

Finch Platte
10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Seems like we used to get people putting up 5 or 6 of these come Halloween each year, now we got nuffin'! WTF?

Oh, well- here's a little something I threw together yesterday. It's damn scary what a couple of beers will do to incite something so worthless. :devil:

Participants include: Southern Culture On The Skids, The Cramps, The Coffinshakers, Screaming Lord Sutch, Nashville P#ssy, Nick Cave, The Undertakers and unfortunately, many more.

Finchy's Halloween Hedonism (http://www.mediafire.com/?inv59p82tpbmpvs)

http://blog.bookrix.com/wp-content/upload/Frightening_Fiction_BookRix.png

:cryin:

1) Screaming Lord Sutch- All Black & Hairy
2) The Undertakers- Run For Your Life
3) Bring Out Your Dead (Monty Python)
4) The Fendermen- Ghost Riders In The Sky
5) The Cramps- Big Black Witchcraft Rock
6) Otis Spann- I'd Rather Be The Devil
7) Perry Farrell & Exene- Children Of The Night
8) Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds- Up Jumped The Devil
9) The Gun Club- Devil In the Woods
10) Southern Culture On The Skids- Torture
11) Deep Dark Woods- The Gallows
12) Screaming Lord Sutch- Murder In The Graveyard
13) The Soul Messingers & The Spirit Of Israel- Burn Devil Burn
14) Roky Erickson & The Explosives- Don't Shake Me Lucifer
15) Southern Culture On The Skids- Devil's Stomping Grounds
16) The Coffinshakers- Pale Man In Black
17) Dawn Kinnard- Devil's Flame
18) Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels- Devil With A Blue Dress
19) Jumpin' Gene Simmons- Haunted House
20) X- Devil Doll
21) How Do You Tell A Witch (Monty Python)
22) Groovie Ghoulies- The King Kong Stomp
23) Nashville Pussy- Good Night For A Heart Attack
24) The Ravonettes- You Want The Candy
25) Rocket From the Crypt- I Drink Blood

:cryin:

3LB
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Not bad there Finch. I'll hit it.

I made a Hallowe'en comp a few years ago, but never got around to putting it up. Besides, it prolly wasn't something that a few of us couldn't whip up. This one's all original for me, having never heard these songs (though I am familiar with a few of the names).

noddin0ff
10-26-2011, 02:34 AM
wicked. tnx!

dean_martin
10-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Hilarious (in a scary sort of way)!!! Nice job. I have some 45s from a band that used to tour around with SCOTS called Hillbilly Frankenstein.

Finch Platte
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
A couple more from the Obner folks, in this thread. (http://www.obner.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47746)

Jim Clark
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
thanks for the comp and the links. No time to visit obner in years, kinda forgot about them! Happy Halloween bud.

jc

Jim Clark
10-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey, did anyone download the "Terror The Man" comp from the obner thread? I get a complete download but can't unzip due to an error with the file. Just curious to see if anyone has successfully downloaded and unzipped this one? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks,
jc

nobody
10-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Whole damn holiday snuck up on me this year. And I'm still supposed to come up with some sorta costume for parties over the weekend. But thanks for the download links. If I'm too lazy to make my own at least I can steal from you guys.

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2011, 10:14 AM
What, no Monster Mash?

Finch Platte
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey, did anyone download the "Terror The Man" comp from the obner thread? I get a complete download but can't unzip due to an error with the file. Just curious to see if anyone has successfully downloaded and unzipped this one? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks,
jc

Hmmm, weird. It looked like it was unzipped, then I tried to play it & it didn't work.

I'll see if I can get it fixed, James. Happy H-ween backatcha. :crazy:

Jim Clark
10-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Hmmm, weird. It looked like it was unzipped, then I tried to play it & it didn't work.

I'll see if I can get it fixed, James. Happy H-ween backatcha. :crazy:

I listened to yours during my workout yesterday. Workout was brutal but the music rocked, thanks man!

jc

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2011, 02:45 PM

That's what she said.

:ciappa:

Finch Platte
10-27-2011, 02:59 PM
That's what she said.

:ciappa:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgmp0163+homer-simpson-doh-the-simpsons-mini-poster.jpg

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Whatever you posted...I can't see it. It's just a box with a question mark. Probably just as well.

bobsticks
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks Finchy...this is perfect for this fine eve and its collegial gatherings...[hickup]

Finch Platte
10-07-2015, 09:33 AM
So, it's coming up fast, any new burns of a comp someone can send me?

I'll be starting on mine today.

Edit: And STILL no Monster Mash! :*P