TU.LI.P. preamplifier, a new technology behind?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TU.LI.P. preamplifier, a new technology behind??

itsoundsbetter
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello!

I have recently had the opportunity to listen to a peculiar Preamplifier. It is from a quite new company called H.E.A.D., not sure if anyone knows their product. I have tried to google, but few information are available. In short, they have designed a "Solid State Tube Preamplifier" called TU.LI.P. Funny name....it stands for "TUbe LIke Preamplifier" ;-)

I was quite skeptical at the beginning, but I had to reconsider quite quickly. This preamplifier really add something ...."audible" to the listening experience. The voices are richer and deeper, the instruments can be easily located in the audio scene, and the entire scene appears to be richer.

I am quite curious about Solid State technology used to reproduce Tube sound....have you ever heard something similar?

Cheers

Frankie.

Feanor
10-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Hello!

I have recently had the opportunity to listen to a peculiar Preamplifier. It is from a quite new company called H.E.A.D., not sure if anyone knows their product. I have tried to google, but few information are available. In short, they have designed a "Solid State Tube Preamplifier" called TU.LI.P. Funny name....it stands for "TUbe LIke Preamplifier" ;-)

I was quite skeptical at the beginning, but I had to reconsider quite quickly. This preamplifier really add something ...."audible" to the listening experience. The voices are richer and deeper, the instruments can be easily located in the audio scene, and the entire scene appears to be richer.

I am quite curious about Solid State technology used to reproduce Tube sound....have you ever heard something similar?

Cheers

Frankie.
I can't find much reference to this premp, only a post at Absolute Sound's forum ...

M.U.SI.C.A amplifier and TU.LI.P. preamplifier from H.E.A.D. | AVguide (http://www.avguide.com/forums/musica-amplifier-and-tulip-preamplifier-head)

E-Stat
10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I can't find much reference to this premp, only a post at Absolute Sound's forum ...
And a pathetic post at that. Evidently, the poster had never heard of bi-amping or JFETs.

rw