H.E.O.L.O. speakers, have you ever tried? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : H.E.O.L.O. speakers, have you ever tried?

itsoundsbetter
10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello!

I would like to share my listening experience of a pair of omnidirectional speakers from a quite new hi-end manufacturer called H.E.A.D.
I have seen their test on a very famous newspaper.

Well, believe me: it is a completely different story compared to standard front-mounted speakers. The acoustic scene, the instrument distribution, the absolute indipendency from the listening location. I suggest you to have a look and have the opportunity to listen to their speakers. I don't want to make any adverts, so I avoid to publish the web site. try to google, you will find them.

They also have an interesting bi-amping Solution and a kind of "solid state tube" technology in their preamp, but this is not in scope of this thread, I will post some info in the proper forum area then.

BTW, have you ever tried a pair of onmidirectional speakers? I know also Meridian produces something similar.

E-Stat
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I have seen their test on a very famous newspaper.
Any audio publication reviews?

Well, believe me: it is a completely different story compared to standard front-mounted speakers.
It is a dynamic monopole with a lens controlled skyward facing tweeter. Don't see too many of those!

BTW, have you ever tried a pair of onmidirectional speakers?
Sure, but I confess they are not my cup of tea. I've heard models by Ohm and Design Acoustics which are true omnis. I prefer more controlled directivity for realistic imaging.

I don't have the foggiest idea what the following claims found on their website mean or why they are compelling:

"What is immediately evident is that the frequency response of the upper part of the spectrum becomes progressively less and less regular varying the listening angle , while on the contrary, Heolo maintain a nearly linear frequency response...The consequence of such behavior is easily perceptible , because as the angle there is loss of detail and focus and above all, a drastic loss of efficiency in the region of medium-high."

I would certainly give them a listen though.

rw