Who doesn't like hot possy? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't like hot possy?

GMichael
10-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Our 2 year old little Munchkin seems to love hot coffee. When I first saw my wife giving her some I got upset.:mad5: After some research, it turns out that coffee is actually better for kids than I was brought up to believe.:sosp:

That said, the Munchkin doesn't say the word coffee, right yet. It sounds like she is saying possy. The 'o' can easily be mistaken for a 'u'. :eek6: We had company over last weekend. When I started grinding beans for a fresh pot, she came running in and asked for some possy. One girl (I say girl because she's 22 and that's < half my age) turned to Munchkin and asked, "What?!" Munchkin looked her straight in the eye and said, "Daddy loves hot possy.":yikes:

Can you imagine the looks we got? :blush2:

salad 419
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I, for one, love hot possy!!!!

Cute story.

A few friends would always ask for Coke at the Chinese Restaurant just to hear the girl say "we don't have coke, we have pessi"

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Oh, this thread is not going to end well. :nonod:

Funny that you mention your munchkin Mike. I almost posted a request for some updated pics yesterday but decided against it since you may not want to be posting her pic on the internets. How about an email? She must be getting big now. And still adorable as ever I'm sure. :)

GMichael
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh, this thread is not going to end well. :nonod:

Funny that you mention your munchkin Mike. I almost posted a request for some updated pics yesterday but decided against it since you may not want to be posting her pic on the internets. How about an email? She must be getting big now. And still adorable as ever I'm sure. :)

Here is one on her trike.
My computer at work died a while back and I lost all my contact information. If you send me an email, I'll add you back on my list and send more pics.

She is one special little girl for sure. Everyone loves her.

GMichael
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Where's my pic!

kexodusc
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Man, she's getting big...

My girls were born with java in their blood...when I can I start sharing a morning brew with'em?

Ha...kids say the darnedest things I guess... Mine mostly just grunt and squeal still, with the odd vowelish vocalizing.

Funny story, GM.

JohnMichael
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
So if I asked for hot chocolate?

Luvin Da Blues
10-21-2011, 03:24 AM

LOL. Would that be with whipped topping?

noddin0ff
10-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Yah, I need some hot possy to get me up in the morning.

GMichael
10-21-2011, 04:40 AM

Service is a little slow on that end. You may have to wait 10 times longer than the rest of us. It's worth the wait though.

GMichael
10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Man, she's getting big...

My girls were born with java in their blood...when I can I start sharing a morning brew with'em?

Ha...kids say the darnedest things I guess... Mine mostly just grunt and squeal still, with the odd vowelish vocalizing.

Funny story, GM.

You can see the pic? All I see is a red X in a box.
Not sure when is the right age to start. She saw us drinking it and wanted us to share. We told her that it was hot, so she started asking for 'hot.' At first we would just give her a taste. One day she picked up my cup and drank half of it before I could stop her.
When do we get to see some pics of your darling girls? Do you have my email? How old/young are they now?
They learn fast. One day they are grunting, the next they are saying, "thank-goo" out of nowhere.

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM
She's adorable GM. I can see the picture on my Mac, at home, but not on my PC, at work. Since the software update I can't view any picture on this site from my work computer.

Hard to believe how she big she's gotten. She's a real cutie!

JohnMichael
10-21-2011, 06:13 AM
I can see her on my iPhone. She is beautiful. Love her outfit.

bobsticks
10-21-2011, 07:08 AM
I...er...well...uh...I can't be held responsible for moderating this threads if it goes any further off the tracks...'cause it just might be me driving the train...

...other than that, I got nuthin'...nice work GM.

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2011, 07:35 AM
I...er...well...uh...I can't be held responsible for moderating this threads if it goes any further off the tracks...'cause it just might be me driving the train...

Don't worry Sticky Boy...I'll keep the degenerates (including you ;)) in line.

GMichael
10-21-2011, 07:42 AM

...other than that, I got nuthin'...nice work GM.

Awwww... Come on. Tell me that I'm a baaaaaaad poster. Break out that whip.

bobsticks
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Awwww... Come on. Tell me that I'm a baaaaaaad poster. Break out that whip.

The whip is reserved for others with...ahem...different attributes than yourself...

bobsticks
10-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Don't worry Sticky Boy...I'll keep the degenerates (including you ;)) in line.

I appreciate your willingness to rise to the challenge...:arf:

GMichael
10-21-2011, 10:09 AM
The whip is reserved for others with...ahem...different attributes than yourself...

Run FA!!!:eek6:

RUN..

Robert-The-Rambler
10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Our 2 year old little Munchkin seems to love hot coffee. When I first saw my wife giving her some I got upset.:mad5: After some research, it turns out that coffee is actually better for kids than I was brought up to believe.:sosp:

That said, the Munchkin doesn't say the word coffee, right yet. It sounds like she is saying possy. The 'o' can easily be mistaken for a 'u'. :eek6: We had company over last weekend. When I started grinding beans for a fresh pot, she came running in and asked for some possy. One girl (I say girl because she's 22 and that's < half my age) turned to Munchkin and asked, "What?!" Munchkin looked her straight in the eye and said, "Daddy loves hot possy.":yikes:

Can you imagine the looks we got? :blush2:

I refer to it as the cup of life. I'm trying to to work on the other stuff too but I just find my thinking is just so much more creative when I'm on the cup of life. Your story is so funny I'll stop myself from ruining the moment with innuendo.

blackraven
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
My mother still tells the story of when I was about 3 yrs old and there was some construction going on in our neighborhood. There were a lot of dump trucks and I became enthralled with them. I had trouble pronouncing the TR sound so I would yell out "Look at the Big F...k instead of the Big Truck.:)

L.J.
10-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Wow, it's been awhile. She's huge now :eek:

GMichael
10-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow, it's been awhile. She's huge now :eek:

A perfect example of what NOT to say to a woman!:yikes:

Hi LJ,

How's the familly?

L.J.
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
A perfect example of what NOT to say to a woman!:yikes:

Hi LJ,

How's the familly?

Everything cool now...had some issues but everything's resolved. Thirteen years of marriage, ya know :)

Been enjoying my systems still with no planned upgrades. Your girl is beautiful. My two boys (12 & 6) are currently eating their weight in food each day and going through shoes like they were made of cardboard. Started getting 3 pairs at a time now :shocked:

ForeverAutumn
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Everything cool now...had some issues but everything's resolved. Thirteen years of marriage, ya know :)

That's great to hear! I think that the tough times just help you appreciate the good times that much more. I'm glad that everything worked out.

StevenSurprenant
10-25-2011, 03:09 AM
My step daughter would pronounce accident as ask-a-dent and for the longest time, I couldn't help myself but to say it like that. Almost had to go to a speaker therapist, but I finally got it right. Kids...!

Worf101
10-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Man oh man! Like F.A. I saw this one heading for the gutter like a rocket train on greased tracks. I still can't see the pic of the munchkin :frown5: "Hot Possy" I'm still laughin at that one.

Worf

GMichael
10-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Man oh man! Like F.A. I saw this one heading for the gutter like a rocket train on greased tracks. I still can't see the pic of the munchkin :frown5: "Hot Possy" I'm still laughin at that one.

Worf

I think that this one started on the edge of the gutter. It has done well to stay an open thread.

ForeverAutumn
10-25-2011, 07:47 AM
I suspect that people may not want to get too far into the gutter when the thread includes such a cute story and adorable photo. :)

GMichael
10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
My step daughter would pronounce accident as ask-a-dent and for the longest time, I couldn't help myself but to say it like that. Almost had to go to a speaker therapist, but I finally got it right. Kids...!

I find myself saying some words the same way she does too. It's hard not to.
Now you'll have me saying 'ask-a-dent' for the next few weeks.:rolleyes:

L.J.
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
That's great to hear! I think that the tough times just help you appreciate the good times that much more. I'm glad that everything worked out.

Thank you FA!!! It is a tough thing to be without your family. Six or so weeks of hell actually, but was necessary to part for a while. It is so easy to take things for granted. I have to keep telling myself that :)

3LB
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I had a nephew who couldn't say his 'k's until he was about 4yrs old, so when he was around 3, his family got a new cat, or rather a kitten... yeah, you can see this is headed from a mile a way... he was very proud of their "yittle titty". For a while it was, "here titty titty, here titty titty". It prompted them to work on his enunciation.

GMichael
10-28-2011, 05:06 AM
So now this thread has possy and titty.

bobsticks
05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I find myself often revisiting threads when I'm attempting to monitor spam an the BOTS. Inevitably, because of the title no doubt, this one gets pulled up quite frequently---and I always fail to remember the general jist...

...which has led, over time, to a variety of liquids and an occasional pasta being spewed across the keys. Thanks GM...:biggrin5:

GMichael
05-18-2012, 05:08 AM
I find myself often revisiting threads when I'm attempting to monitor spam an the BOTS. Inevitably, because of the title no doubt, this one gets pulled up quite frequently---and I always fail to remember the general jist...

...which has led, over time, to a variety of liquids and an occasional pasta being spewed across the keys. Thanks GM...:biggrin5:

HAHAHA I still get teased at work over this one.

ForeverAutumn
05-18-2012, 05:29 AM
I love this story. I tell to friends on occasion, when it's relevant. :)

GMichael
05-18-2012, 05:51 AM
I love this story. I tell to friends on occasion, when it's relevant. :)

I would think that whenever you are involved, it would be very relevant.