how to record sirius on my pc? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to record sirius on my pc?

rightaway
10-15-2011, 12:51 PM
i need to record sirius tomorow because i'll be faction 41 for an hour show and want to record. replay av just records 5 mins on the demo version. so i'm looking for a free program that lets me record streaming audio. i have an online sirius account.

Roto767
10-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Neither are free but well worth the cost. I haven't used Total Recorder in several years but can attest to it's excellence when I did use it. It's probably even better now. I switched to Audio Hijack Pro (mac only) which I have running in a Mac Mini. Audio Hijack Pro and Total Recorder will allow you to record from an external line-in source or online if there's a stream. Audio Hijack Pro has a companion program called Pulsar which makes scheduling Sirius programing simple. Both programs are rock solid and well supported. The only issue I've had is not with these programs but with Sirius. They will occasionally reconfigure their streams which can result in dropped recordings. This is rare but in Audio Hijack's case, they are quick to release updates that restore service.

sugarpop233
10-31-2011, 04:30 AM
XM has a function called XM/Napster where you can flag a song as a "favorite" and be automatically prompted to purchase it when you next connect the receiver to your computer. Sirius might have a similar function but I'm not as familiar with their service. In either case, you could write down the artist/song and purchase it from iTMS later on.