Drive [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Drive

audio amateur
10-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Went to see this in August before it was even out, 'en avant-première' as they say in French, the English equivalent being preview screening I believe.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed it despite a few moments of violent Tarantino worthy scenes where I was thinking to myself, what??
I guess you would call it a 'film noir', with elements of 80's retro styling and soundtrack. It all fits together somehow, and I am now hooked as I've already seen it a second time whilst it was (and still is) playing at the movies.

It's the kind of film that'll leave you in a daze when the credits roll... At least, that is what it did for me.

Worf101
10-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Is the film a "must see in the theatre" type movie or will Blu do?

Worf

audio amateur
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Is the film a "must see in the theatre" type movie or will Blu do?

Worf
So glad you mention it, in fact that is something I wanted to add in my intial post. I may be biased because i've only seen it at the movies so far, but i think it is worth it, unless perhaps you have a good system at home (which i don't doubt you do). Generally speaking though, this is definitely the type of film that I would say is worth seeing at the movies.

Btw, please don't watch the trailer as it doesn't reflect the movie at all and gives away a lot of it.

Kam
10-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Speaking of don't watch the trailer, how do you like our legal system now! It's a thing of wonder.

Woman sues to stop Drive getting away with a 'misleading' trailer | Film | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/10/woman-sues-drive-trailer)

audio amateur
10-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Speaking of don't watch the trailer, how do you like our legal system now! It's a thing of wonder.

Woman sues to stop Drive getting away with a 'misleading' trailer | Film | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/10/woman-sues-drive-trailer)

The studios should be suing her for such an act of stupidity.

audio amateur
01-10-2012, 10:16 AM
So... no one here has seen this film?

Kursun
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I have been much disappointed by this film. I really wonder how it got its 8.1 imdb rating.