Interesting tweeks...any body tried them? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tweeks...any body tried them?

frenchmon
10-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Marantz Reference Legendary system - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPI_ByD0Q0&feature=related)

Marantz Reference Legendary System Part 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWjVQKdgq4&feature=related)

rightaway
10-15-2011, 07:52 PM
that guy is really into his music. i wonder how big of a difference all that shielding really does? i have a denon 2307ci and wonder if it would make a difference on my reciever. and all my wires hit the ground. :)

Glen B
10-16-2011, 09:46 AM
I never could understand the point of demonstrating the sound of one's system on YouTube. What others hear is limited by the quality of their computer sound card and speakers, not to mention the conversion and compression steps that take place between the recording of the sound and what the YouTube visitor finally hears.

rightaway
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
so true about youtube.

kelsci
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I have found one advantage to youtube. Many people posts tests of their digital camcorders and cameras that take videos. If I am looking for a specific model camera, I look it up on youtube and see if anyone has posted videos taken on that model camera. I download the video and burn it to a dvd-r to play back over my hdtv. More so, I am very interested on just how good the camera is if it records stereo sound. Just because there are stereo microphones built into the camera does not necessarily mean that they record good sound and decent stereo sound imaging. Months ago, I did a host of downloads of various model cameras and IMHO there are alot of "toikeys" out there. On the same token, there were a few that not only took good videos but gave good stereo sound as well. If I were going out into the field to shoot videos with stereo sound today, my first choice is the Canon SX130. This camera looks to be a bargain for $200 because it meets my criteria for quality stereo sound recording and terrific looking 720P video recording. It appears from my research that it takes good stills as well.Boy, I wish I had this camera during the 1980s. Slepping around a portable linear stereo or vhs hi-fi vcr with a stereo mic mounted on a homemade boom was not as convenient as that SX 130 would have been.

E-Stat
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Interesting tweeks...any body tried them?
My CDP came with a shorting plug for the unused BNC output as they can reduce noise. You can DIY them by soldering a resistor to an empty RCA plug. I've also used one of the Stray Voltage Testers to optimize cable placement. You'd be surprised how far away the radiation fields caused by digital devices can be. I'd say both of those recommendations are both inexpensive and sound.

rw