Going to see Dream Theater tonight! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Dream Theater tonight!

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2011, 06:00 AM
For what I think is the 6th time. I've lost count already; but I've seen at least every album tour since they were in the studio recording Train of Thought.

I was curious what kind of set they'd be playing with the new drummer (who kicks Portnoy's (Portnoy who?) ass on the new album IMO). So I went onto setlist.fm and it looks like, in addition to the new material, they've picked a tune from almost every album. The albums represented are:

A Dramatic Turn of Events (obviously).
Octavarium (my personal favourite)
Train of Thought (my least favourite)
When Dream and Day Unite
Awake
6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Systematic Chaos
Scenes from a Memory
Images and Words.

Wow! I think that I'm looking forward to seeing DT tonight more than I've ever looked forward to seeing them before. And to make the evening more special, my 15-yr-old niece is joining her Dad (BarryL) and I in, what has become, a tradition of seeing DT whenever they are in town. This is going to be an awesome night!!!

MasterCylinder
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm insanely jealous................I love the idea of that diverse setlist.
Agree on Octavarium..............also love 6DOIT & Scenes.
I have a good friend that has never seen DT and he is STOKED to go this tour............he bought the "first five row" package for the Austin, TX date.

Tell me more about the new release with the new drummer; I have not heard it......or heard about it.

Have a great night FA !!!

3LB
10-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Tell me more about the new release with the new drummer; I have not heard it......or heard about it.

over at PE there's about 6 page discussion about it - lots of commentary from people who have, and haven't, heard the album.

MasterCylinder
10-06-2011, 10:40 AM
over at PE there's about 6 page discussion about it - lots of commentary from people who have, and haven't, heard the album.

What is PE ?

Give me a link ?

I had to take PE in high school...................

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
What is PE ?

Give me a link ?

I had to take PE in high school...................

Progressive Ears.
Progressive Ears - 21st Century Progressive Rock (http://www.progressiveears.com)

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
MC, listen to the drums in this song. The intro is drum-free and is about 1.5 minutes so start at 1:30 if you want to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BU1DFUvyUCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MasterCylinder
10-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Thank you FA..............I like it.
Ordered the "Special Edition" CD - DVD package last night with some other stuff and had it sent overnight.
Should get the whole works today............will be listening through the weekend, I'm sure.

Tell us all about the show last night.

Swish
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Be sure to take some ear plugs and hand sanitizer. This could get ugly.