Bose QC 15 vs. Monster Beats By Dre: Head-to-Head Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose QC 15 vs. Monster Beats By Dre: Head-to-Head Review

WalterS
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I just commented on a couple of posts about both sets of headphones. In researching them both a few months back, I found a helpful review that offers a detailed comparison of the two:

Head-2-Head Reviews (http://www.head-2-head.com/article/Headphones-Head-to-Head-Review-Beats-By-Dre-Studio-vs-Bose-QC15.html)

I agree with their general assessment, but I would give the edge in audio quality to the bose set myself.

FYI - I went with a pair from Sennheiser

harley .guy07
10-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I would have too. I go to the University where I live and there are a lot of students into on the go hifi that talk about headphones all the time and when I got in the middle of their conversation the other day I had my sansa clip, my fiio head amp and Grado s80i's on me and they asked about them since they all had either skull candy, beats, or the Bose since you can buy them locally either through the school computer store or through target etc. They asked to listen to my setup and most after listening to my simple setup hat cost less than $200 with he headphones and addes sd cards they liked the clarity of the setup saying that they could hear things that they could not with their setups. They did mention it took a minute to hear cans that were overall balanced instead of super bass heavy and that the Bose were alright if the main thing was noise cancelling but overall they gave my Grado's a huge edge in sound quality over the Bose and Skull candy/beats variety.

Crazy4Cans
07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Cool Review!

It would be interesting to see how Soul by Ludacris would compare. I think Gold is nice looking as far as those kinda headphones go:

https://www.headphones.com/Headphones/SOUL-by-Ludacris-SL300GG-Elite-Noise-Cancelling-Over-Ear-Headphones-with-Mic-Remote-for-Apple-Products-Gold-Gold-SL300GG-68170.html

JoeE SP9
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I would have too. I go to the University where I live and there are a lot of students into on the go hifi that talk about headphones all the time and when I got in the middle of their conversation the other day I had my sansa clip, my fiio head amp and Grado s80i's on me and they asked about them since they all had either skull candy, beats, or the Bose since you can buy them locally either through the school computer store or through target etc. They asked to listen to my setup and most after listening to my simple setup hat cost less than $200 with he headphones and addes sd cards they liked the clarity of the setup saying that they could hear things that they could not with their setups. They did mention it took a minute to hear cans that were overall balanced instead of super bass heavy and that the Bose were alright if the main thing was noise cancelling but overall they gave my Grado's a huge edge in sound quality over the Bose and Skull candy/beats variety.

Which fiio amp are you using? I've been using SR60's and a Sansa ZipClip. I've been looking at fiio amps. Can't decide which one to get.