denon 2307ci help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : denon 2307ci help

rightaway
09-27-2011, 04:20 AM
i just picked on up. it only 2 hdmi inputs in the back. i see that they make hdmi splitter. has anybody tried them? is the picture and sound the same?

im going to run a adcom 555 amp for my front speakers. does this mean that i wont plug anything into the front speaker "A" and just use the pre amp out in the amp? how will this effect the auto sound set up when i use the mic?

my sub uses a left and right rca as an input, but it looks like there is only a mono output or am i missing something?

Hyfi
09-27-2011, 04:32 AM
i just picked on up. it only 2 hdmi inputs in the back. i see that they make hdmi splitter. has anybody tried them? is the picture and sound the same?

im going to run a adcom 555 amp for my front speakers. does this mean that i wont plug anything into the front speaker "A" and just use the pre amp out in the amp? how will this effect the auto sound set up when i use the mic?

my sub uses a left and right rca as an input, but it looks like there is only a mono output or am i missing something?

Cannot comment on the HDMI splitter question.

Run the Adcom from the Front Pre Outs and do not connect the front speakers A. The HT setup will take care of the volume matching.

For the sub, you can use a Y splitter for RCAs.
Monster Cable Ultra High Performance Audio Y-Adaptor IHP Y-1F MKII - Audio splitter - Male RCA to F RCA (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=&q=monster+rca+y+splitter&gs_upl=1525l8276l0l8452l22l22l0l13l13l0l216l1363l1 .5.3l9l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1749415590386985778&sa=X&ei=N8KBTvX8Aqry0gHt3bGGAQ&ved=0CGwQ8wIwBg)

rightaway
09-27-2011, 12:10 PM
it has a/b for the front speakers, can i listen to it with both of them on?

rightaway
09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
is there a user guide some where that is not as hard to understand on how to use.the only way that i can get my tv sound to go through the denon is to run a hdmi into it and back out to the tv but than if i just want to use the tv volume, it wont let me.

blackraven
09-27-2011, 07:24 PM
This may help-

Denon AVR-2307CI Receiver Review — Reviews and News from Audioholics (http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/denon-avr-2307ci-receiver-review)

blackraven
09-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Are you saying that the Denon will not let you use the TV volume? When you turn off the Denon can you use the TV volume? If not, it may be a setting in the TV.

rightaway
09-28-2011, 04:45 AM
i have a few question about the receiver. i have read the book and search on line but could not find the answer. if i want to run hdmi from my cable box into my tv but use the rca output to receiver for sound, where is the it on the screen. it seems that if if it not hooked up with an hdmi, than i don't get any sound. i have a view things hooked up through rca but no sound from any of them, cable box and record player just to name a few.

blackraven
09-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Where the RCA outs working when you bought the receiver? I am assuming you bought it used. Could it be broken? If not then you are missing some control to send a signal to the RCA outs.

rightaway
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
i did buy it used. i think i need to do a master reset because all his settings are all saved. does anybody know how to reset it?

blackraven
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Check the maual page 44 reseting the micro processor

rightaway
09-28-2011, 06:30 PM
what mode would i listen to to get all 7 speakers to play at once while listening to music?

and to run the pre outs to my adcom 555, they are just rca cables or is there something better?

blackraven
09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Order a pair of RCA interconnects from here- Stereo Cables at Blue Jeans Cable (http://bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm)

Get the LC1 cables at what ever length you need. The shorter the better with cables but get what you need to make the connection.

I can't help you with the 7.1, and I'm not sure why you would want music in 7.1, especially if you have different speakers from the fronts. 2ch or multichannel SACD is the best but only if you have the same speakers all the way around for multichannel SACD. And you need a CD/SACD player.

rightaway
09-29-2011, 04:03 AM
when i did my auto sound, it said right rear channel "phase". what does that mean?

frahengeo
09-29-2011, 06:27 AM
when i did my auto sound, it said right rear channel "phase". what does that mean?

It is referring to the '+' and ' - ' of your speakers. Just make sure that the '+' binding post from your receiver is connected to the '+' binding post of the speaker and vice versa.
Depending on the speaker design, Audyssey Room Correction may read that there is a phase issue, when there is not one. I've read that dipole and bipole design speakers are prone to this.

rightaway
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
i still cant find out why i cant get my rca from my hd cable box. do you think it is bc i have the hdmi cable plugged into the tv?

rightaway
10-01-2011, 06:42 PM
another question, im running my dynaudio running through the preamp out to my adcom 555. now if i want to just run the dynaudio and sub. how would i do that. if i turn off the a and b switch, its very quiet.

rightaway
11-02-2011, 03:31 AM
where is the setting to dely the sound because the voices and their mouths dont line up.