Been out for a while [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Been out for a while

manlystanley
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
It's been about a year since I've posted much on this forum. I had hip replacement surgery--which went very well. Then since I was able to go back to the gym and felt so good, I took up my employers offer to be paid to move from Virginia to Maryland.

So, I loaded up my wife, the young-ens (still at home), and of course all my dogs and guns ----and headed to Maryland. My stereo is still boxed up--what a shame.

But, on the plus side, there's deer running around here like fleas on a camel. Planning on getting me some relatives of Bambi here soon.... I guess the good liberals of Maryland don't like killing deer??

I still read postings sometime, but until I get my stereo up and running, it does not make much sense too.

Best Regards,
Stan

Feanor
09-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Good to hear from you, Stan. Glad to hear of your successful operation.

Yeah, I was moved by my employer a couple of times. The full cost of the move was paid both times; good deal that way -- too bad the jobs in the new locations were crap, though.

Plenty of whitetail up here in Ontario too. Here it's got to do with the mixed farming and lots of tree lots and meadow land. I don't happen to hunt myself.

JohnMichael
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome back! Glad the hip surgery went well. Having worked on an Orthopedic unit I have an idea of what you have been through.

Oh and no need to wait until your stereo is hooked up. We have some lively discussions that have little to do with audio systems.

bobsticks
09-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Welcome back Stan. It sounds like you are both happy with the move and content with life. Good on you...now get some tunes flowing!!

Oh and no need to wait until your stereo is hooked up. We have some lively discussions that have little to do with audio systems.

Ain't that the truth...