making the omini sa12.3 better? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : making the omini sa12.3 better?

rightaway
09-18-2011, 06:39 PM
i was reading that on the bigger floor speakers, that if you you dyno mat the inside and that stick cotton in side that it will improve the sound/ i the 5.25 crackles alittle and should be replace. can i replace with any speaker? i have 4x6 car speaker? i'm just looking to get these to sound their best.

rightaway
09-20-2011, 04:11 AM
what is a good place to buy a upgraded speakers, that dont cost an arm and a leg?

rightaway
09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
would sealing the box with dynomat make a tighter sounding bass?

E-Stat
09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
i was reading that on the bigger floor speakers, that if you you dyno mat the inside and that stick cotton in side that it will improve the sound/ i the 5.25 crackles alittle and should be replace. can i replace with any speaker? i have 4x6 car speaker? i'm just looking to get these to sound their best.
I don't want to sound negative, but the only thing I can find about these speakers is that they are "White Van" speakers. Dynamat is designed to dampen the metal frames of doors and trunks for car installations where it works well. Similarly, a well designed speaker has the appropriate amount of internal stuffing usually made of foam or fiberglass. Arbitrarily adding cotton will only serve to change the intended response. Changing the midrange driver to one with different characteristics will likewise mess up the sound - unless it needs fixing from the outset!

I would save my money and get some decent speakers from a legitimate company.

rw