7.1? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 7.1?

rightaway
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
is there a web site/ you tube that explain on speaker placement to get the best sound?

Tarheel_
09-19-2011, 05:46 AM
go straight to the source.....google....dtsonline.com and dolby digital

both have video and great setup charts to follow

bobsticks
09-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Great advice TarHeel....greenies for you.

rightaway
09-20-2011, 04:04 AM
for the best sound, it looks like the sub is next to the tv, than the tower speakers. i do not have a corner to put my sub in so is this a good spot?

bfalls
09-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Corner placement will increase the perceived output by I believe 6 - 9db. I know the increase changes with the number of walls to provide reinforcement. A sub raised off the floor in a corner will have the most reinforcement.

Sub placement is trial and error. One method I've read is to place the sub in the room, then walk around the room until you hear the optimum response then place the sub in that spot if practical.

With bass response, because of standing waves, you'll get areas of peaks and troughs throughout the room. The goal is to move the sub until the response is optimum at the listening position. Use the phase switch at the beginning of each test position to see which switch position provides the most output. Then move the sub around in the same area to fine adjust.

JoeE SP9
09-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Place the sub in your listening position. Then walk around the room until you hear the optimum response. That's where you place the sub.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Corner placement will increase the perceived output by I believe 6 - 9db. I know the increase changes with the number of walls to provide reinforcement. A sub raised off the floor in a corner will have the most reinforcement.

Actually B, a subwoofer on the floor and in the corner will provide the most reinforcement.

JohnWilson
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I suggest you to go for a amazon.com. This is the place where you can get anything what you want.

harley .guy07
09-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Place the sub in your listening position. Then walk around the room until you hear the optimum response. That's where you place the sub.

I second this idea as i have used it myself in almost all the installs that did not include self eqing subs in the systems I have installed and my own and have found that you get the best balanced bass this way otherwise you might get the best bass reinforcement but not necessarily the most balanced bass and you could end up with a bass curve that as up and down as our economy has been the last few years.