Time to dry out. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Time to dry out.

Swish
09-16-2011, 12:31 PM
No, I didn't stop drinking fools! I mean from all the da<a>mn flooding we had after Irene and Lee hammered our area. So many roads were shut down...some still are...that getting around was a real pain.

I ended up missing the National/Yo La Tengo show in Philly on the 15th because the PA Turnpike was shut down in a couple places, so getting there would have been circuitous at best, and perhaps impossible at worst. We ate 4 tickets a about $200 on that.

I can't cry the blues though, because many are without homes or had extensive damage and/or losses. My son had 4' of water in his basement, so their power was cut off and his hot water heater was ruined. A niece living nearby has 2 sinkholes in her yard, one large enough to fit about 4 mid-size cars into it.

While my home was unscathed, a commercial property we own had some water damage, but we're getting it repaired as soon as the roofing guys can get some free time.

Jack in Wilmington
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
No, I didn't stop drinking fools! I mean from all the da<a>mn flooding we had after Irene and Lee hammered our area. So many roads were shut down...some still are...that getting around was a real pain.

I ended up missing the National/Yo La Tengo show in Philly on the 15th because the PA Turnpike was shut down in a couple places, so getting there would have been circuitous at best, and perhaps impossible at worst. We ate 4 tickets a about $200 on that.

I can't cry the blues though, because many are without homes or had extensive damage and/or losses. My son had 4' of water in his basement, so their power was cut off and his hot water heater was ruined. A niece living nearby has 2 sinkholes in her yard, one large enough to fit about 4 mid-size cars into it.

While my home was unscathed, a commercial property we own had some water damage, but we're getting it repaired as soon as the roofing guys can get some free time.

Hey Swish, Just got word from my buddy, who does booking for the local concert hall around the corner, that he's booked Dar Williams for Nov. 4. Tickets are $30 which is a steal compared to what she normally commands. This is a little artsy/fartsy community that gets some nice acts from time to time. Hall may hold 200 people at most. Have you had the chance to see her in concert? I know you hit the concert circuit heavy.

Swish
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey Swish, Just got word from my buddy, who does booking for the local concert hall around the corner, that he's booked Dar Williams for Nov. 4. Tickets are $30 which is a steal compared to what she normally commands. This is a little artsy/fartsy community that gets some nice acts from time to time. Hall may hold 200 people at most. Have you had the chance to see her in concert? I know you hit the concert circuit heavy.

That's a pretty long hike to Wilmington too. My wife would probably like to see her, and if so, we can catch her in Phoenixville PA.

We have Wilco with Nick Lowe on the 25th, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks on the 28th, and Lucinda Williams on October 29th...so far anyway!

Jack in Wilmington
09-17-2011, 05:17 PM
That's a pretty long hike to Wilmington too. My wife would probably like to see her, and if so, we can catch her in Phoenixville PA.

We have Wilco with Nick Lowe on the 25th, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks on the 28th, and Lucinda Williams on October 29th...so far anyway!

I figured you probably had tickets for a show around that time and Wilmington is a haul for you. Sorry you missed the National the other night. But like you said, missing a concert is nothing compared to what some of these people have lost.